• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shueisha Confirms Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma TV Anime for 2015

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Great news, I've been hoping to see this get animated.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote
I hope this show will be fixed double cours with a year break then resume again later on. (similar case for Magi)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rufifox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:16 pm Reply with quote
BrainBlow wrote:
alxlingad wrote:
Shaft won't do two cooking shows in 2015. Although.... we can always use more head tilts for a longer Shaft head tilt montage.

Hell no. Shaft couldn't even get Nisekoi right, so they can back the hell off until they can fix their production and schedule issues.

I want Madhouse or Production I.G for this. That would be amazing!
And this is one of WSJ's top-tier series, so it BETTER be someone really good doing it.

Apparently they already revealed some of the cast and the studio:

Staff
Director: Takashi Watanabe
Series Composition Hiroyuki Yoshino
Studio: Production IMS

Cast
Souma Yukihira: Makoto Furukawa
Erina Nakiri: Sora Amamiya
Megumi Tadokoro: Kana Hanazawa

Last edited by Rufifox on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Rufifox wrote:
BrainBlow wrote:
alxlingad wrote:
Shaft won't do two cooking shows in 2015. Although.... we can always use more head tilts for a longer Shaft head tilt montage.

Hell no. Shaft couldn't even get Nisekoi right, so they can back the hell off until they can fix their production and schedule issues.

And this is one of WSJ's top-tier series, so it BETTER be someone really good doing it.

Staff

Cast

Do you have a source?
Rufifox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
Rufifox wrote:
BrainBlow wrote:
alxlingad wrote:

Staff

Cast

Do you have a source?

Here you go: Source: Scan via Tweet

well page doesn't exist anymore let look for another link

Last edited by Rufifox on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'll check this out. People say the manga is a good one.

Last edited by Ali07 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Rufifox wrote:
BrainBlow wrote:
alxlingad wrote:

Staff

Cast

That was a poorly-done fake photoshopped pic, already debunked:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1297023&show=180

So we still don't know the studio at this point. I certainly hope IG or Madhouse would get it, they know how to give manga adaptations the justice they deserved.
Rufifox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Rufifox wrote:
BrainBlow wrote:
alxlingad wrote:

Staff

Cast

That was a poorly-done fake photoshopped pic, already debunked:

http://forums.[This URL is a known Fansub Distribution website]/showpost.php?p=5316989&postcount=38

So we still don't know the studio at this point. I certainly hope IG or Madhouse would get it, they know how to give manga adaptations the justice they deserved.

Sorry about that, it was posted in myanimelist here: Manga 'Shokugeki no Souma' Gets TV Anime

But in my opinion Madhouse should animate it. But if the rumored cast ends up being true, I would be kinda disappointed in Souma's casting choice, they should go with the VOMIC's voice, Yuki Ono.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Turns out that cast list, and studio stuff is photoshopped, so we still have no idea who's doing it. But since Soma is getting the cover in the next issue, I'm sure we will find out soon!
#Synergy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:19 am Reply with quote
YES! Really happy it's getting a anime, when I first read it I thought why didn't this get a anime already? So I went and bought the 5 volumes off Amazon. Well thank god it's getting a anime.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:57 am Reply with quote
Let's face it, the best studio for adapting SnS is Shaft. If you think about it, SnS is a manga with plenty of commentaries, and no studio can make talking interesting as much as Shaft can. Not to mention that Shaft is more than capable of delivering at the fanservice front. There was also a hint that the author of the manga actually like Shaft's work, in that one chapter where we got a close-up panel of Souma brushing his teeth.
Kreion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:30 am Reply with quote
BrainBlow wrote:
alxlingad wrote:

Are you kidding? Nisekoi was a good adaption, faithful to the source material and accurate to the manga's style. What more could you ask for?

Though it's extremely unlikely Shaft would animate both Nisekoi 2 and SnS in 2015.

I really wish people would stop asking for Madhouse to do ever [expletive] anime ever - they are a good company but that doesn't mean they are suited to this. Their experience in fanservice shows and doing them well is VERY limited. I mean it basically boils down to No Game No Life which is...ehh pretty ok on that front but not great.

Production I.G might not be a bad choice though, since they did Suisei which, plot aside, was pretty and had lots of detailed half-nudity...I don't really have any complaints on them doing it as long as they stick to the manga's style.
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:45 am Reply with quote
Kreion wrote:
BrainBlow wrote:
alxlingad wrote:

Are you kidding? Nisekoi was a good adaption, faithful to the source material and accurate to the manga's style. What more could you ask for?

Most episodes after the first one were terribly paced, and lots of the humor of the series was straight up cut out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I just woke up and then saw this stuff about the terrible studio, director and VA cast and almost had a heart attack before I saw it was fake.
Goodness.
Kreion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:39 am Reply with quote
BrainBlow wrote:
Kreion wrote:
BrainBlow wrote:
alxlingad wrote:

Most episodes after the first one were terribly paced, and lots of the humor of the series was straight up cut out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I just woke up and then saw this stuff about the terrible studio, director and VA cast and almost had a heart attack before I saw it was fake.
Goodness.

? you would rather they cut something else? Nisekoi has so much filler 'humour' it's not funny, something had to be cut and I'd rather than than anything actually important.

Also the pacing was fine - the Nisekoi manga drags its heels a lot after the first 50 or so chapters.
bobob101

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:39 am Reply with quote
Foodgasm the anime? SIGN ME UP!

If you don't know what this is, watch something like Ikki Tosen or Queens Blade. Then replace the swords and fighting with food. And include some dudes. But they are basically the same thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2