• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Is the Order a Rabbit?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:15 pm Reply with quote
DisneyLM wrote:
Very unfortunate, and it really sucks balls for guys like me who will ONLY ever touch/watch this if it isn't dubbed. Pretty much I'm not touching anything that isn't dubbed on the off chance that they end up dubbing it I don't wanna see it knowing that I saw it, but they ended up dubbing it and it pissing me off. I remember watching Red Data Girl subbed on Hulu like 7 months ago, and now it's communing soon on dubbed, and i was pissed!! No more dubs watching for me. Screw it!! They should just come out clean with what they are dubbing as they are dubbing it, and not just saving that information. I swear, companies should just have a log for people to just read it, and it's like a live feed up what they are up to right on the spot, not only does that Interesting, but it also is like a sort of advertising seeing that you are constantly on there live feed checking for what is going on.

You're an idiot. That's all that needs to be said there. You've never once been forced to watch a dub. Companies can dub anime til the cows come home, and you never ever have to watch it. The subtitled version has always been available. Do tell me how RDG has been available dub only. No, please, tell me. You can't. I think dubs are the most worthless thing a company can ever do, but you know what? I just don't watch them. Doesn't affect the DVDs or BDs that I own. I just don't watch the dubs. Apparently you're too stupid to realize that. Either that or you never buy anything, in which case you're such a worthless person that you should cease to exist. Your opinion no longer matters if you've never purchased anything in your life.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Cute show. It'll go well with Sentai's last cute girls doing cute things pick-up: Non Non Byori. Chino reminds me of a somewhat older Renge-chan.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:25 pm Reply with quote
that rant is kinda confusing, but DisneyLM's first post in this thread confirms that he/she does like dubs. for what ever reason, DisneyLM gets angry if he/she watches a show that's only in Japanese but is then a latter date dubbed. Red Data Girl is the example being provided.
DisneyLM

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:54 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
that rant is kinda confusing, but DisneyLM's first post in this thread confirms that he/she does like dubs. for what ever reason, DisneyLM gets angry if he/she watches a show that's only in Japanese but is then a latter date dubbed. Red Data Girl is the example being provided.

What is a Rant? And why would you assume that i was angry? In no way did I express anger. I was just voicing an Opinion. Did you hear me yell? Of course not because you the reader assumed that I was anger when in fact I was just casually writing. I tend to write long, and not just a simple sentence. I can understand how some people can assume that one is anger just because of that idea only. I'm barely trying to reach out to people by writing in forums. So by all means, I have yet to practice the way of "Not giving a hoot about what people think." My guess is that I will eventually become more knowledgeable about that statement. Oh, and yes I am fully aware that I caused confusion, I barely know how to do this thing called "Type slow, and read over before clicking Submit" so there was some posts that I wrote "Isn't" when I meant "Is" and "Don't" to "Do": For example: I voiced my opinion on on the following statement: "That's why I don't watch Subs because in the event that a dubbed gets made, I would be disappointing that i was the subbed first which is why I don't watch subs anymore." (I'm not trying to cause a misunderstanding, just voicing an opinion so that others can related to more than just one person saying "I don't like dubs" would be nice to also have someone say "I don't like subs" which is why I wrote that as well, but I was already tired from work today, and didn't take all that I wrote with careful correct in writing, and caused misunderstandings. And for that I apologize, and do my best to learn lessons from all this. I'm too tired to correct even this message in which I am aware that I didn't write some things proper or even makes sense.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:06 pm Reply with quote
you said you were pissed that you watched Red Data Girl subbed, then found out it was getting a dub, thus, you were angry about that
Echo_City

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:18 pm Reply with quote
DisneyLM wrote:

I guess this is the part where some person from the Dub Community would say "Well I can't stand Subs because all then female voices sounds the same, and are all too little girl like, and it doesn't register in my brain right.

You rang? Cool

It certainly does grate on me that, depending upon a female character's archetype (basically looks, their standards aren't high), she has a set voice in the Japanese dub. If it weren't for the uniqueness of human vocal chords then they all would sound the same, regardless of actress; the only thing preventing full on Borg-level voicing in Japan is biology. Voicing to archetype, not to character = fail.
Megiddo wrote:

Cute girls doing cute things dubs are pretty much all in the range of mediocre to terrible..

Couldn't agree more. I hope that the answerman was correct when he pointed out that these types of shows are fading, giving up the stranglehold that they've had on the industry since the time of K-On! and debatable Haruhi.
DisneyLM

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:19 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
you said you were pissed that you watched Red Data Girl subbed, then found out it was getting a dub, thus, you were angry about that

You know what, you're right. I wrote "Pissed", but It wasn't the angry version of "Pissed": In other word what I mean by "Pissed" is the words Disappointment, and "It's a bummer", but instead I wrote the word "Pissed". There. I'm from Texas, some of us use the word "Pissed" but with no anger to it. The same goes for Austrians saying the "Let's gets Pissed" they actually mean "Let's drink into we are drunk." So the word "Pissed" like all words are different depending on many factors as where you are, what you are talking about, and so on. Now that we have that clarifies, do you know a way that I can delete my account. I'm not likely this whole "Forum" experience. In other words: I liked it better when I was just clicking on the topic of content without clicking to read what people have said about a topic. I would like to go back to that now, and never again comment on an Forum ever. (Even if this is my first attempt at trying it out, and was being labeled a Rant, Angry person, and Idiot, when in fact I was just putting my voice into words without being angry at a person, and not calling people names in which I never did, but other have called me an Idiot, Rant, Angry person."
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Given that Red Data Girl was a rather early FUNimation license, I'd say you only have yourself and your lack of research to blame for that. Certain companies are more likely to dub their products. As of now, FUNimation has only released one of their tv anime licenses sub-only so if they license a series then it's rather likely it will get dubbed.

That is very true and only that was sub only was mistake purchase on their part in my book.
DisneyLM

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:40 pm Reply with quote
@Sailor S

At least I didn't just called someone an Idiot, too stupid, and worthless person to an Individual just like you did which is why I reported you. After that, I'm going to stop trying to write in a forum every again. Geez, my first time attempting to write in a forum, and this is what happens. I learned my lesson that it's just not worth it: I work, I have my own apartment, my own car, and money to save, and making a living by being independent...I shouldn't waste my time here given that I tend to write too fast without reading what I just wrote in order to not cause confusion. So thank you, I learned my lesson. Never doing this again. Not worth it. I have a life to live. So Congratulations Forum Community, you just lost a potential visitor all because of the user who called me an Idiot, Worthless, too Stupid person.

[EDIT: Please try not to over-quote. And I'm sorry people don't agree with you, but plenty of people call each other some form of stupid every now and then. That's how Internet debates usually end up. The key is to make competent arguments with good wording, or at least making a stand and sticking with your words. Going back and editing your posts to remove entire bodies of text kinda' defeats the purpose of that. And calling names back is the next bad step. It's just something you'll have to live with. Good luck with life in general, experience in other forums, or whatever you do next. -TK]
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:57 pm Reply with quote
I've been meaning to maybe check out this show. Well, glad to see Sentai pick it up. I feel like they're getting the better stuff recently.
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:46 pm Reply with quote
delete

Last edited by MarthKoopa on Tue May 28, 2024 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:05 pm Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:
These cute girl shows suffer the most from generic voice types from the original Seiyuus. The range you get is insanely small. Chino especially suffers from this "moe voice" problem, having that generic soft loli voice that every one of them shares. It gets old and quite boring.

They never have any creativity with the voices for these character types, it's a real shame.

That pretty much explains why I tend to only watch English versions of anime shows: I get to hear more than just one voice tone from different characters.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Given that Red Data Girl was a rather early FUNimation license, I'd say you only have yourself and your lack of research to blame for that. Certain companies are more likely to dub their products. As of now, FUNimation has only released one of their tv anime licenses sub-only so if they license a series then it's rather likely it will get dubbed.

That's if they decide to release it on home video. Funimation has also picked up some series that were never released outside of internet streams.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:06 pm Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:

These cute girl shows suffer the most from generic voice types from the original Seiyuus. The range you get is insanely small.

Unless you're watching shows that feature the same seiyuu over and over again, you're dead wrong. The 'range' exhibited is far larger by the Japanese voice actresses. If you want to see this in action, watch, say, episode 4 of Girls und Panzer in both audio languages and take note to compare how much more distinct the characters are in Japanese while also not sounding like they're overaged as many of the characters in the English version do. Or I suppose any show with a rather large cast of young female characters would do.
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
delete

Last edited by MarthKoopa on Tue May 28, 2024 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3