• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Denver Broncos Linebacker Geared Up For Super Bowl By Catching Pokemon

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meygaera

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Non-Japanese Otaku are always interesting, because being an Otaku is pretty much the only thing we have in common.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Since he's technically only two years older than me, that's not too surprising. It's a little surprising coming from a pro football player (would've been more so if I heard of something like this a few years younger), but eh. I mean he would've been 9-10 years old when Pokemon premiered.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:13 pm Reply with quote
This does make me wonder why Viz and Sentai never advertised Eyeshield during the Superbowl.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Gotta catch 'em all, I guess? Laughing
I really think playing Pokemon is much better way to increase fighting spirit than partying all night long.

I'm still on Seahawks though. Too bad I'm not watching it right now... *sigh*
Meygaera

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:03 pm Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:

Neither am I! I don't have cable. Well technically I do. My cable company sent me a box a few months ago but I never installed it.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Meygaera wrote:
shiranehito wrote:

Neither am I! I don't have cable. Well technically I do. My cable company sent me a box a few months ago but I never installed it.

Neither of you guys even really need to watch it. The Broncos have been getting outright slaughtered.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:

Neither of you guys even really need to watch it. The Broncos have been getting outright slaughtered.

I'm watching the Super Bowl too, and this is the first time the Broncos really is bad in this one. The Seahawks is just dominating the whole game, this is the first Super Bowl game where the Broncos stink.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Given the score, maybe this guy should have spent more time training himself rather than his pokemon.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Meygaera wrote:
shiranehito wrote:

why do you need cable to watch it? I don't have cable, I can watch it on HD Fox local channel.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:22 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Given the score, maybe this guy should have spent more time training himself rather than his pokemon.

Reading this comment made me Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:41 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Hypeathon wrote:

I'm watching the Super Bowl too, and this is the first time the Broncos really is bad in this one. The Seahawks is just dominating the whole game, this is the first Super Bowl game where the Broncos stink.

First? The Broncos hold the record for the largest loss in a Super Bowl history: XXIV Broncos 10, 49ers 55 (1990)

Today's crushing now puts 'em on the tie 3rd list as well as previously 4th. That's 3 in the Top 5! (Or is that Bottom 5?) When the Broncos go down, they crash 'n burn and kill innocent moeblobs along the way! Laughing
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:23 am Reply with quote
I'm not a huge sports fans but this was an interesting tidbit to hear.

Too bad they lost badly though...
Ronin2081

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:21 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

He really should have used Lock-on because the tackling by the Broncos was pathetic for most of the game.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:27 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
This does make me wonder why Viz and Sentai never advertised Eyeshield during the Superbowl.
Other than the obvious lack of an extra $4 million burning a hole in their pockets?
shiranehito

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:23 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Meygaera wrote:
shiranehito wrote:

why do you need cable to watch it? I don't have cable, I can watch it on HD Fox local channel.

I don't know about you, but I don't live in US so I'm unable to watch it without cable.

Well, actually it's not the reason why. I have cable, but I live in a country where people can't tell the difference between rugby and American football (or handegg, whatever you say) with time difference roughly 12 hours, so... I couldn't watch it because I had to work. *sigh*
My brother took his day off though, just to watch the team he's betting on lose pathetically Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3