• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Littered Picks

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:31 am Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
Might I suggest you purchase Fire Emblem: Awakening for the 3DS if you have not already? That game features not one, not two, but THREE marriageable dragons! Anime hyper

And for anyone wondering, I am 100% serious about that. (The dragons can take human form, but still...)

I'd prefer marriage with dragons in dragon form if that's okay and can we do male/male marriages like in Skyrim (about the only thing that has any reason to make that game interesting), despite I'm sure you'll tell me no? X3

*silence*

What, don't judge me. D:
Red Joker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:31 am Reply with quote
Yep nice way to push a one sided biased view of the whole Mighty No. 9 situation. But you seem to have left out how Diana is now running the Mighty No. 9 forums like hitler now. She's closing all threads that just so much as ask about the games situation.

She's blocking all communication between the community and the game creators themselves, she's totally unfit to be a Community Manager. Also why wouldn't people be angry? They paid money and funded this game and their getting locked and banned out of their own forums.
SahgoDN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:07 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Mad_Scientist wrote:
Might I suggest you purchase Fire Emblem: Awakening for the 3DS if you have not already? That game features not one, not two, but THREE marriageable dragons! Anime hyper

And for anyone wondering, I am 100% serious about that. (The dragons can take human form, but still...)

I'd prefer marriage with dragons in dragon form if that's okay and can we do male/male marriages like in Skyrim (about the only thing that has any reason to make that game interesting), despite I'm sure you'll tell me no? X3

*silence*

What, don't judge me. D:
Judging? No way! I mean, I don't know about the dragon-marrying part of the equation, but I was totally bummed when I played FE:A and saw that male/male (and female/female) marriages were a no-no. Really now, marrying adults with kids (sorta) and relatives (again, sorta) is okay, but same-sex is bad? Booh, man. I want my medieval war fantasy to b-

*silence*

...Don't judge me...
Vent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:21 am Reply with quote
Red Joker wrote:
Yep nice way to push a one sided biased view of the whole Mighty No. 9 situation. But you seem to have left out how Diana is now running the Mighty No. 9 forums like hitler now. She's closing all threads that just so much as ask about the games situation.

She's blocking all communication between the community and the game creators themselves, she's totally unfit to be a Community Manager. Also why wouldn't people be angry? They paid money and funded this game and their getting locked and banned out of their own forums.

Yeah all that super valuable communication that is mainly people harassing her. Way to compare a forum manager to Hitler too.

There's a reason there's only a one-sided presentation of the subject: the other side is full of crap.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:50 am Reply with quote
Vent wrote:
Red Joker wrote:

Yeah all that super valuable communication that is mainly people harassing her. Way to compare a forum manager to Hitler too.

There's a reason there's only a one-sided presentation of the subject: the other side is full of crap.

A community invested millions into a game getting hijacked by someone's agenda and their concern makes them full of crap? If this ends up keeping the game from seeing the light of day, it really is proof that wee can't have nice things. Ever.
Levitz9

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:12 am Reply with quote
She's a community manager, not "Head Designer". The most the designers can/will do is hear her out. Comcept sent out a release claiming as much. Again, it's just really hard to see any of this "news" making any waves if Dina weren't a woman or a feminist.

[sarcasm]
The last time we had a moral panic like this, it was because of old Mrs. [name redacted]'s videos, who apparently is also Public Enemy #1 because videos don't cost $3 million and whatever. Funny that she's also rallied against because she closes off comments in her videos--how dare she not let people throw death threats at someone? This is the Internet, we have a right to be crass and thoroughly inappropriate to people. If you can't take that, don't be a community manager, the single most important person in the design team, whose opinions can override anyone else's.
[/sarcasm]
Vent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:32 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

A community invested millions into a game getting hijacked by someone's agenda and their concern makes them full of crap? If this ends up keeping the game from seeing the light of day, it really is proof that wee can't have nice things. Ever.

There is no agenda! I mean, you do realize that complaining about the [x] agenda is such a hilariously old and bigoted remark that it's pretty much a self parody at this point, right?

And why would it lead to the game not coming out? Because a bunch of insane a person I disagree with politically-types pull their funding because a feminist dares to have the valuable position of managing the game's forum Yeah, that sure is somehow her fault. For existing.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here!
Fabe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:38 am Reply with quote
Yeah,this whole Mighty No.9 thing sounds like nothing more then some gamers have small penises. Other then the main characters female sidekick is now a playable character and some gender swapped fan art can anyone provide any real proof of a 'evil femnazi"agenda.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Fabe wrote:
Yeah,this whole Mighty No.9 thing sounds like nothing more then some gamers have small penises. Other then the main characters female sidekick is now a playable character and some gender swapped fan art can anyone provide any real proof of a 'evil femnazi"agenda.

I'm going to be rational here now I do not defend the hate bandwagon in anyway that was attacking diaz but some did have some concerns that led up to this. I also want to stated that I could care less if mighty no.9 is female, male or you pick your gender. I just want play a game with some classic MM style action already.

One is the fact she stated in her twitter that she has never played a mega man game, then she back peddled by saying MMX is her favorite. This caused some concern whether on not she was lying but it turns out she has never played an original MM game. I don't see this as a huge issue here at all, however a majority in the in the community do. This is due in part that Mighty no.9 is suppose to be a spiritual successor to MM, but again we don't even know what style of game play it's going to have yet.

The second concern the community brought was is that Diaz locked her twitter account for an hour to delete said post about not playing MM. Once something is on the net it's there forever but again to me I don't really care because I don't see how it's going to effect the outcome of the game.

The third concern is that overnight after posting her fan-art on the kick-starter she became a mod in the might no.9 community board and all questions are directed at her. Again I don't see the problem because she actually knows people that are working on the project and most likely had the job anyways, she just wanted to have some fun by posting on the KS page.

In short this was just as stated guys grasping at any straws they stir the damn pot. We are still getting might no.9, I have a gut feeling that it will be a great game. I also truly wish that people people would just stop already this is getting to be the reason why we can't have nice things.

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:

The second concern the community brought was is that Diaz locked her twitter account for an hour to delete said post about not playing MM. Once something is on the net it's there forever but again to me I don't really care because I don't see how it's going to effect the outcome of the game.

Locking an account is unrelated to deleting tweets. Locking your account makes perfect sense when you are getting a deluge of abusive tweets/followers because it helps put a stop to that. I just don't understand why she would have done it for ONLY an hour in that situation.
Brimfyre

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm holding out hope that the new SFIV girl is Jessica from Final Fight.

Roxy would also be a good choice as long as they didn't just make her a Poison palate swap, and gave her a new design.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:53 pm Reply with quote
SahgoDN wrote:
Judging? No way! I mean, I don't know about the dragon-marrying part of the equation, but I was totally bummed when I played FE:A and saw that male/male (and female/female) marriages were a no-no. Really now, marrying adults with kids (sorta) and relatives (again, sorta) is okay, but same-sex is bad? Booh, man. I want my medieval war fantasy to b-

*silence*

...Don't judge me...

I'm not judging. Tell me more!
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Paul Soth wrote:

If she doesn't interest you, there's always Tiki. http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/site/chara26.jpg

belvadeer wrote:

*silence*

What, don't judge me. D:

Well, I don't believe the game ever specifically states what form the dragons are in when the... er, relations occur, so you can imagine. But unfortunately the latter is not an option. I get why I guess, with a big focus in FE:A being on the pairings resulting in children you can recruit, but they could have had same-sex couples adopt children. (Or in the case of Tharja, perform interesting magical experiments. Very Happy )
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Vent wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:

There is no agenda! I mean, you do realize that complaining about the [x] agenda is such a hilariously old and bigoted remark that it's pretty much a self parody at this point, right?

And why would it lead to the game not coming out? Because a bunch of insane a person I disagree with politically-types pull their funding because a feminist dares to have the valuable position of managing the game's forum Yeah, that sure is somehow her fault. For existing.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here!

You have enough people pull funding out of outrage, roll back the funding goals, then it all collapses while some Capcom executive laughs and orders SFIV, slightly altered costumes edition.

I think this should be apolitical, and bemoan both sides. But given what's at stake, having her on board is bad for business.
SahgoDN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
But unfortunately the latter is not an option. I get why I guess, with a big focus in FE:A being on the pairings resulting in children you can recruit, but they could have had same-sex couples adopt children. (Or in the case of Tharja, perform interesting magical experiments. Very Happy )
They could've made same sex marriages exclusive to the spoiler[children from the future] -- they have no issues with recruitable children, after all. *sigh* But I guess it's too late to whine over this now... just dream of the possibilities...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4