• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Cobs Poll: Which Completed Manga Should Continue

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:17 am Reply with quote
Mushi-Man wrote:
Haha true, or like how Cowboy Bebop is popular in the US but tanked in Japan.

I hear this a lot amongst anime fans, and I've always thought it was completely wrong, but I didn't have much information to go on. However, according to this post Cowboy Bebop is the 5th highest selling TV anime that was released prior to 2000.

Anyway, I would love to read more Hikaru no Go. Throughout the entire breadth of the story we read about Ogata speaking of the "New Wave" of Go players, and while we saw Hikaru spoiler[make the transition from student -> insei -> professional], we never really saw the "New Wave" in action. I think even just showing one of the old guard, perhaps Kuwabara, losing a title to one of the newer players would have been a more solid ending than the one we got. Although of course a Hikaru/Touya match to conclude would be excellent as well. All I know is I want more HikaGo.
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:28 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Mushi-Man wrote:
Haha true, or like how Cowboy Bebop is popular in the US but tanked in Japan.

I hear this a lot amongst anime fans, and I've always thought it was completely wrong, but I didn't have much information to go on. However, according to this post Cowboy Bebop is the 5th highest selling TV anime that was released prior to 2000.

Hm interesting, I have always assumed this too simply because I've read it many times from multiple sources and it was never refuted. But this is an interesting link indeed. I'm going to read more into this an see what I find, either way I'm sure I'll come across some cool info. Thanks for the link.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2