• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 183,000-Yen L.A. Hatsune Miku Concert Tour Offered

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Hotels in California are so cheap that 4 nights is only $700?

It depends on where you stay.

4 star hotels around the convention center typically go for about $150 a night. So...4 nights would be $600. At least in my little world, that's not so cheap if it's just you paying. If you have 3 other people to share the room with, then, it's not so bad.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:05 pm Reply with quote
it's not as expensive as you think. it's LA. there are many rich people in this world. people paid $5000 for Lakers Finals tickets couple years ago.

The six-day/four-night package for $2320 is reasonable. the Agency makes some money(of course lol), but you don't have to worry about alot of stuffs. they will take care of them for you.

Last edited by Spotlesseden on Thu May 19, 2011 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:

$2320 for a 4 day trip to the US not that cheap. Economy round trip tickets are about $1100 (high end), AX admission is $60 (?) and four nights at something like the Westin Bonadventure is $700. So...maybe...$2000 would be the price of the total package. And, I doubt meals are included. So, sounds like the tour agency gets a good $300 commission per person.

We apparently live in different worlds. $2300 for a trip to Japan would be plenty reasonable to me. $1100 for an economy round trip ticket is on the low end. Try looking up flights originating from Tokyo. It's a lot more expensive than flying round trip to Tokyo from LA. And there's nothing saying which hotel they're staying at. If they stay at something like the Jw Marriott, you're talking close to $300 per night.

At any rate, all things considered, this IS cheap for anything coming out of Japan.
nhat

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Hannish Lightning wrote:
I don't understand the kind of person who would want to see a fictional person at a concert sing terribly and especially at that price.

You even researched the price for a plane trip and a hotel in LA and other misc stuff? Also it's a pretty good excuse to travel and see a new area while seeing a singer you like.
omoikane

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
$2320 for a 4 day trip to the US not that cheap. Economy round trip tickets are about $1100 (high end), AX admission is $60 (?) and four nights at something like the Westin Bonadventure is $700. So...maybe...$2000 would be the price of the total package. And, I doubt meals are included. So, sounds like the tour agency gets a good $300 commission per person.

Correct, just that AX admission + concert ticket would push it to $80 minimum, if not more. It's still a pretty good deal considering the biggest hurdle for chasing stars oversea is the foreign factor: you are a stranger in a strange land and you don't even speak the language (for the most part), and you have to know what's going on. Having some of that logistical stuff taken cared of for you goes a long way and is well worth the money sometimes. Sometimes.

Would be nice if they tell us which hotel...
Sean71976

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Promising 1st floor seats? All seats are first come first served so where's the benefit?
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps this agency has arranged with AX to possibly reserve seating. When I was at AX last year, you still had to get a ticket for the concerts, and the ticket corresponded to a specific seat, so it wasn't like you could just waltz in and sit wherever you pleased.
Sean71976

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Are the tickets seat specific now? last time I was there it was seating by the color ticket you got.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:42 am Reply with quote
Sean71976 wrote:
Are the tickets seat specific now? last time I was there it was seating by the color ticket you got.

Wasn't that a long time ago? 2009 aside, 2007-2010 seats were always specified by your ticket. Well, 2009 had a section and row specified, and you could choose your seat from those.

If the travel agency did get to make a deal with Anime Expo, then I'd imagine that the seats are right after the Premier Fan Pass holders.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
$1100 for an economy round trip ticket is on the low end. Try looking up flights originating from Tokyo. It's a lot more expensive than flying round trip to Tokyo from LA.

I would think that, now that Haneda has opened up for international, there would be a decrease in prices..especially for flights originating out of Narita. For those living in central Tokyo, Narita is not very accessible. I can't imagine that many Tokyoites would, if given the same price for both airports, travel to Narita instead of Haneda.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2