• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Biglobe Poll: Spring 2011 Anime I'll Watch Until the End

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:09 am Reply with quote
the top 2 are same as my top 2.
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:23 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
egoist wrote:
jojothepunisher wrote:
... whats the point of watching slice of life shows honestly?

What's the point in wasting your limited life in anime honestly?

What's the point of this forum, honestly?

What's the point of being here on this website ?
Niyari

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:24 am Reply with quote
Bahahah Dog Days at #3, that's hilarious.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:40 am Reply with quote
I thought Deadman Wonderland be higher, given the popularity of the manga. Guess not.

X-Men is one of the most underrated anime this season. More people should watch it.
SethMosrite

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote
Redlinks wrote:
I guess shounen is out and Moeblobs are in. Sad to see IMO because I enjoy shounen a bit more. I like Moeblobs for the cute artwork but I find very few that actually have a good story.

Shonen isn't out, not included in this poll are continuing shows like One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Beelzebub, and Gosick. Which would probably all have spots in the top 10-15.
garfield15

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:51 am Reply with quote
BlackJaded wrote:
prime_pm wrote:
egoist wrote:
jojothepunisher wrote:

WHAT IS THE POINT OF EXISTENCE
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:53 am Reply with quote
Glad to see Tiger and Bunny is in the top 10. That show needs many, many fans. Because it's good. Wish C was a little farther up, but oh well.
Redlinks

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:53 am Reply with quote
SethMosrite wrote:
Redlinks wrote:
I guess shounen is out and Moeblobs are in. Sad to see IMO because I enjoy shounen a bit more. I like Moeblobs for the cute artwork but I find very few that actually have a good story.

Shonen isn't out, not included in this poll are continuing shows like One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Beelzebub, and Gosick. Which would probably all have spots in the top 10-15.

I guess it's not completely out. But Only reason why I say that is because not a lot of new shounen are getting animated these days. because we only have One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Beelzebub, Toriko, SKET Dance, Blue Excorsist, and Gosick. Not a lot compared to the moeblobs. :/
Stretch24

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I have only watched one episode of most new shows, but I have watched episode one of almost all of them. I decided to definitely abandon Dog Days, 30-Sai, Sket Dance, Hen Zemi, Denpa, Astarotte's Toy and Hidan nA after one (or less) episodes viewed. Sometimes shows are clearly 'dead' right from the get-go. My winners are looking like C-Control, Tiger & Bunny, Fireball Charming, Showa Monogatari and Deadman Wonderland. Those which might or might not get watched are TWGOK II, Steins;Gate, A Channel, Hanasaku Iroha, Nichijou, Oretachi, Battle Girls Time Paradox, Softenni, Hoshizora, Maria Holic Alive, and Yondemasuyo Azazel-san.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Hana-saku Iroha is where its supposed to be its actually really good.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:09 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
BlackJaded wrote:
prime_pm wrote:
egoist wrote:
jojothepunisher wrote:

WHAT IS THE POINT OF EXISTENCE

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE ENDING TO MARTIAL HEARTS?!

And we're back to anime.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:57 pm Reply with quote
The only show worth watching the top ten in my opinion is The World Only Kami Sama knows. The rest is either moe or slice of life shows that don't hold my interest in the very least.

I've got to say, even though everyone is entitled to their opinions I've got to say, I am a little bit disappointed by these results.

If it were my list, Toriko would be first, Hen Zemi would be second, 30-sai no Hoken Taiiku would be third, and Sket Dance would be fourth. The World only Kami Sama knows would be fifth, only because it's technically had a first season already. Gintama is hard to put a number on as well.

But if I were to break it down in catogories, (action, comedy etc) Toriko would be number one in action (it does have some comedy, but it's strong points are it's action.) Comedy is much more tricker though.

See I've read well over 145 chapters of Sket Dance and while some of the chapters aren't as good as others (typically those chapters include the student council) so are exceptional and easily are grade A material. So with comedy, they could be number one, but then again, there is Gintama, Hen Zemi and 30 Sai to consider.

Hen Zemi wins hands down on off the wall comedy though. Although Gintama has done that, there is somewhat of a pattern occasionally. With Hen Zemi, the humor is so random and yet, so hilarious as well.

It took 30 Sai several episodes, but it's finally becoming funny to a degree. I will admit, some of the humor felt a little rushed, but most of it isn't and was most likely thought of several times before written down.

I've never ever been a fan of moe (Lucky Star being a exception, if it can be considered moe?) but I guess moe is more popular than other types. Not sure why, but as long as it doesn't become all moe themed, I'll still continue to watch anime. I've already invested a decade into anime, so I remember what anime was like before the big moe craze.
SethMosrite

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
If it were my list, Toriko would be first, Hen Zemi would be second, 30-sai no Hoken Taiiku would be third, and Sket Dance would be fourth.

There is really no accounting for taste, I couldn't make it through one episode of Toriko, Hen Zemi or 30-sai.
The poll is pretty close to how I would rank the top fifteen except Kaiji in place of Dog Days and Dororon Enma-kun in place of Hidan no Aria.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:25 pm Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
Nothing in this season is going anywhere except of Anohana... whats the point of watching slice of life shows honestly?

Why don't you ask yourself?

Anyway, Azazel-san beat out Lotte no Omocha (just barely, but still) so I am pleased.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Toriko36 wrote:
Shocker....top 10 shows all contain cute girls with big eyes. Without rambling on about the darkside of moe shows, this is why we are getting tons of new moe shows a season and not great anime titles like, Tiger & Bunny or standard shonen fare like Blue Exorcist and Toriko. Maybe the upcoming Summer and Fall season will show us new exciting titles. Anybody aware of anything non-Moe that is going to begin broadcasting in the next season or two?

Moe is not why I got into Anime, but apparently it's not going anywhere, anytime soon. For now, I will watch the simulcast's of the non-moe shows and buy the Blu-Ray/DVD and manga to support the artists and the art of Anime/Manga.

Last I checked Ano Hana, Hanasaku, and Steins;Gate are not moe.

Quote:
Nothing in this season is going anywhere except of Anohana... whats the point of watching slice of life shows honestly?

Because slice of life shows (when done right) have good plot. For example, Hanasaku Iroha. Nichijou and A Channel are on the other end of the spectrum if you ask me.

Also, I would give some time for shows like Hanasaku or Steins;Gate. Ano Hana only has 11 episodes so it's expected to move fast(er) if they don't want to fall in the same trap Fractale did. For 24-26 episode shows, I would give them until episodes 12 or 13 before they have any real concrete development as that seems to be the trend lately. For 12-13 episode series, I'd give them until episodes 6 or 7 if they haven't developed anything significant by 4.

Quote:
The rest is either moe or slice of life shows that don't hold my interest in the very least.

I find this odd when you mentioned KamiNomi since KamiNomi is most definitely moe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3