• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Full Metal Panic.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mister V

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:14 am Reply with quote
Leonard does gets more time in the novels later.
Also, he deserves to be shot (again, this time properly goddamit). He's looking too much like a villainous Mary Sue by now. Though, of course, I believe in Gatoh, it's going to be disappointing to say the least if his plan turns out to be the right thing. Or something close.
For the record, I think he's finally finishing the last novel (that's what he's been saying for a couple of years, but I guess more material is better). I sure hope KyoAni gets back to it after finishing their moe money machine.

dtm42: I sort of agree with you, but, eh... that's Fridge Logic. The point was to make the whole thing more dramatic, which it did, and how. I also thought TSR was the better of two seasons (Fumoffu aside).
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:22 am Reply with quote
As I said in my first post in this thread, I thought The Second Raid was better than the first season.

And it wasn't fridge logic, it was "rolling my eyes and then shouting at the T.V. logic". In other words, I already knew at the time what a load of crap it was, and fridge logic is by nature a delayed thing.
Mister V

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:41 am Reply with quote
Well, I must say that I kind of shoved that thought aside, since there are far worse logic offenders out there than FMP. There wouldn't be any drama without it.
You could also speculate that no one actually expected Sousuke to snap. After all, he's been (almost) an emotionless killer since the age of four. Of course what you said in your earlier post is right, but compared to other series... it's just not that bad.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:35 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
I can't accept that. If Sousuke is so important then he should be treated like it.

Aw boy. spoiler[The higher ups in Mithril were the ones who decided to take Sosuke off the mission, the ones who don't personally know the situation and have tons of other things riding their asses to be concerned with such things.]
In regards of Sousuke's importance; spoiler["he is still replaceable." That would likely be the mindset of the higher-ups; who says Sousuke will be the only one Mithril will ever find who can use the lamda driver? I think you're thinking of Mithril more as a police precinct rather than a military. Mithril did notice Sousuke's change, but they didn't have time or patience to deal with him. They also started making plans to replace him. And that's how it goes; if a soldier (regardless of how good he is) can't hack it, he is either killed in or taken off of the battlefield.] You may still find that unacceptable, but I honestly feel yours is a misguided take on this matter.
ven0m57

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Because we dont know TOO much about the higher ups in mithril i cant neccisarily speculate on their way of thinking but judging just by their status is a bit misguided in it of itself. Here in Okinawa, my command including our CO is very very pressed on our Marines/Sailors mental and physical well being. It is like that in many places. Though I will admit they are not the U.S military I would think it would be of similar concerns that you would not put a weapon in the hands of someone who, due to your actions is mentaly or physicaly unstable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2