• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madhouse's Iron Man Next Spring, Wolverine in Summer

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Onizuka666 wrote:

I agree about Wolverine looking odd, and I really hope that they change up those weird designs. He needs those manly muscles and beaten up face.

Wolverine is being made for the Asian market. He has to be a bad boy bishie imo.
ReifuTD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:41 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
Onizuka666 wrote:

I agree about Wolverine looking odd, and I really hope that they change up those weird designs. He needs those manly muscles and beaten up face.

Wolverine is being made for the Asian market. He has to be a bad boy bishie imo.

I'm not shock Wolverine turned out that way. I mean for intent and purposes Wolverine is really suppose to be a wolverine. The character was oringally suppose to be wolverine who's healing powers allowed him to evolve into a human.

So, I would think the Japanes would get more of a animal spirit or demon vibe whats kind of like their fairies. Giving Wolverine's habbit have joining differnt super hero teams and loner additude. That would make him a ronin as well. what beings samurai or ninja feel to the character.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited about Ironman, will definitely check out Wolverine. All dub haters are going to be stumped, because this ARE American characters. Me, I'm tired of the whiney fanbase so I'm just going to ignore them.
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:12 am Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
I'm excited about Ironman, will definitely check out Wolverine. All dub haters are going to be stumped, because these ARE American characters. Me, I'm tired of the whiney fanbase so I'm just going to ignore them.

How ironic that those American characters are being produced as a Japanese animation, ey?
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:23 am Reply with quote
Not ironic at all, I mean, how is it ironic? If they're being produced by a Japanese company doesn't make them non-American characters, unless they decide to change that. Still, that wouldn't change the source material.

All I find ironic is that all these massive changes or modifications are only being viewed with light skepticism and maybe a bit of apprehension. If the role was reversed and it was a Japanese manga or anime character being brought to the US and modified, half the forum would be in an uproar already.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:26 am Reply with quote
Ironic that a Japanese animation won't fit in with Japanese voice acting. If you ask me, Japanese and American voice acting will work just fine. That coming from someone who's seen Iron Man - the movie(which in reality, doesn't make me any special).
nobinobita

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:46 am Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:

All I find ironic is that all these massive changes or modifications are only being viewed with light skepticism and maybe a bit of apprehension. If the role was reversed and it was a Japanese manga or anime character being brought to the US and modified, half the forum would be in an uproar already.

I think it's nice that people aren't in an uproar and are being open minded. As a moderator you should be discouraging flaming instead of fanning the flames of fanboyism that tear the internet apart every day.

; )

In all seriousness though, it is interesting to see fan reaction to updates in franchises. For instance, the videogame Batman Arkham Asylum made some HUGE changes to all the classic Batman characters. They totally redesigned the characters, many of them are almost unrecognizable (Harley Quinn looks nothing like her old self and Arkham Asylum has been changed from a rotting gothic cathedral to a rusty videogame space hull). But Batman fans gave it a chance anyway, and most of them turned out pretty happy with the game.

Hopefully the new Marvel Animes will have a similar outcome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2