• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodomo no Jikan Second Term Anime's Commercial Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
otimus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:29 am Reply with quote
When my fellow anime fans defend things with loli-appearance characters, I regret being a part of this fanbase. Always happens, though. Always. Why Sad

Why, Japan, Why?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
2DOtaku

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:38 am Reply with quote
As per my previous post.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:53 am Reply with quote
This thread is going nowhere, with remarkable speed.

KnJ-haters, make an effort to inform yourselves. You are (all of you) remarkably ignorant of what you are posting about, and it is doing your side of the argument no good. You do have some reasonable points to make, in between the foaming at the mouth, but you're not presenting them with any grace or eloquence.

KnJ-lovers, make an effort to post actual arguments, instead of dismissive mumbling. You may feel you are in the right -- but that doesn't excuse sloppy posts with no actual content.

Both sides: You hand a moderator sufficient pointless one-liner posts, and he will come down on you like the proverbial ton of bricks. Make a note of that.

Final remark: For those of you who have neither read the manga nor seen the anime, the actual situation regarding the "sexual attraction" involved is neither "sexually attractive to her teacher" (who is actually a pretty decent bloke) nor "sexually attracted to her teacher" (since Rin's provocative behaviour is not about sexual attraction -- rather, it's a tragic measure of how screwed up her way of relating to adults has become). Making either of these statements constitutes completely missing the point.

Get your facts straight, and keep your arguments civil and meaningful, or post at your own risk.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:55 am Reply with quote
otimus wrote:
When my fellow anime fans defend things with loli-appearance characters, I regret being a part of this fanbase. Always happens, though. Always. Why Sad

Why, Japan, Why?
You are just an anime fan? No wonder you don't understand.This was made for Otaku.We are on a completely different level.I'm going to start calling so called "fans who come into threads without knowing what they are talking about" Anime Tourists.

Try reading some of the manga before knocking it.
2DOtaku

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:12 pm Reply with quote
In response to abunai's post, I think I should probably clarify my facepalming. All I'm saying is that if you can't bring yourself to at least accept the presence of lolicon in anime and manga then you should probably find yourself a new hobby. It's not like this is a new thing; in fact, it's pretty prevalent, has been for a long time, and anyone who doesn't realise that is either grossly naive or just not paying attention. I could start citing examples, but honestly, I'm tired of repeating myself, hence the facepalming.
Panda Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I will rescue this thread. Everyone who actually likes Kodomo no Jikan, do you guys/gals plan to watch it as soon as it's out? I think it would be awesome to all night the first season before the second is out also.
2DOtaku

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Panda Man wrote:
I will rescue this thread. Everyone who actually likes Kodomo no Jikan, do you guys/gals plan to watch it as soon as it's out? I think it would be awesome to all night the first season before the second is out also.

Sounds like a plan. Very Happy

Shame no-one ever got round to fansubbing the last few uncensored episodes though. At least not that I'm aware of. Say do you think that song from the trailer will be on the OST? It sounded great. I thought it was going to be the new opening.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
You are just an anime fan? No wonder you don't understand.This was made for Otaku.We are on a completely different level.I'm going to start calling so called "fans who come into threads without knowing what they are talking about" Anime Tourists.

You're just begging for a ban, aren't you?

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:19 pm Reply with quote
2DOtaku wrote:
In response to abunai's post, I think I should probably clarify my facepalming. All I'm saying is that if you can't bring yourself to at least accept the presence of lolicon in anime and manga then you should probably find yourself a new hobby. It's not like this is a new thing; in fact, it's pretty prevalent, has been for a long time, and anyone who doesn't realise that is either grossly naive or just not paying attention. I could start citing examples, but honestly, I'm tired of repeating myself, hence the facepalming.

Quite true. A quick look at the 80's gives you Cream Lemon, so saying lolicon is a new thing is impossible, or denying it's solid roots in the otaku fandom.

Panda Man wrote:

I will, considering it's an OVA this time, so all that shipment of fail censoring won't be impeding the enjoyment this time around.

2DOtaku wrote:

Shame no-one ever got round to fansubbing the last few uncensored episodes though. At least not that I'm aware of.

I'm pretty sure they did, but iirc, they were just some low quality subs.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Excellent!

{MODERATION EDIT: No. No, it's not. And with this one-word pointless post, you just persuaded me to lock down this thread. Nice going, genius. - abunai}
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2