• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto's Rock Lee Spinoff TV Anime's Promo Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
...dammit you made me laughed harder than i needed to. That aside well If naruto can some some spin-off's... lets see a harem comdey with hinata, ino, sakura, tin-tin and the mc naruto lawl

Well, there was that school OVA thingy.

dragon695 wrote:
Remember that a family and their cat flying in a watermelon seems to be the kind of show that constantly holds the #1 slot in Japan. Naruto remains quite popular, despite the naysayers. Not as popular as OP, but holding fine in its own right.

I think a lot of fanboy logic works like "If it's not #1, it's a complete bomb and no one likes it and it needs to fall in a well and die and be erased from existence because no one obviously likes it or else it would be #1"

Then again, no one will ever be #1 as long as Sazae-san is around.
sainta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Man, Naruto must be really popular in Japan to be the only series that gets its own spinoff anime.
trilaan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
It's like Perfect Strangers, except Urkel doesn't hijack the spinoff.

Thank you! Woot!
shukero

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm still baffled that this is getting aired... This looks extremely dull; and looks like it'll have all the cheesy and useless slapstick humor that the naruto filler episodes had. Case and point; the Special Curry episode --- completely dull.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kakoishii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:26 pm Reply with quote
completely OT: Bleach is getting canceled?
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:48 pm Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
I'm still baffled that this is getting aired... This looks extremely dull; and looks like it'll have all the cheesy and useless slapstick humor that the naruto filler episodes had. Case and point; the Special Curry episode --- completely dull.

Well it's not exactly high brow humor but it's fun and amusing.

And considering the real anime is about to get into a very dark arc, it can be a nice contrast.
shukero

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:53 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
shukero wrote:

Well it's not exactly high brow humor but it's fun and amusing.

And considering the real anime is about to get into a very dark arc, it can be a nice contrast.

To each their own; I guess I just don't like chibi characters and that type of humor.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Oraculo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:18 am Reply with quote
Rock Lee: Chibi SD Man-kini!!!! Anime hyper
I'm SO in! Laughing
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote
The funny thing is that I think this show will be in the weekly top 10, making it harder for Naruto (and Inazuma 11, Pokemon) to appear in said list.
A5J4DX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:04 pm Reply with quote
holy crap! this looks awesome i hope this gets dubbed xD
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:37 am Reply with quote
kakoishii wrote:

Yes.

Although I suspect there will still be some who continue to deny even after seeing the "Shinigami Diary" at the end of episode 366 referred to as the last one.
Keiichi-chan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:09 am Reply with quote
Quote:

2- Naruto still has to be pretty popular to not only justify a running TV show, but also a comedy spin off. It's like Perfect Strangers, except Urkel doesn't hijack the spinoff.

but rock lee IS the ninja version of urkel.

oh, sorry--DID I JUST BLOW YOUR MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND?!!!

also, several popular manga have spin-offs in that shonen jump sister magazine (one piece has one centered around chopper), but the rock lee one is literally the only decent one of the lot, so, like someone mentioned, well-deserved.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:31 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
kakoishii wrote:

Yes.

Although I suspect there will still be some who continue to deny even after seeing the "Shinigami Diary" at the end of episode 366 referred to as the last one.

People at the Adult Swim forums are still swearing up and down its just switching networks. It's kinda sad really. Presumably since once Bleach ends, Adult Swim Action dies.

Also, yeah, of all the spinoffs, Rock Lee's was the only one to gain any sort of traction. People like the character (and he's a long running main cast member, not an Urkel like creation developed solely for the spinoff who hijacks it)

Still, it's time to celebrate Bleach ending and old bowl head getting recognized, by doing the Urkel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DBTeOcVelYi0
dragon695

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:26 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
The funny thing is that I think this show will be in the weekly top 10, making it harder for Naruto (and Inazuma 11, Pokemon) to appear in said list.

Considering what's considered the top 3 week-by-week, I question the taste of those polled.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Rock Lee is probably the only Naruto character I like, so I might actually watch this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3