• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach Manga Enters 'Climax' In 2 Chapters

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theNightster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
theNightster wrote:
you seem mad, to be fair I was mostly on the anime until it ended and continued with the manga so I was unaware of the negative numbers.

The negative chapters were the chapters that told us how the Vizards became the Vizards.
I'm aware the chapters were Turn Back the Pendulum from your last comment, just didn't know Kubo did negative numbers because at the time I was only following the anime version
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:48 pm Reply with quote
@Somewhere

It doesn't seem like anyone here is saying Bleach should have kept going, people all came to terms that it's ending soon. We touched on the subject of declining sales and popularity, you brought it up again, and no one is arguing with the numbers.

The source of the dissatisfaction from people is the fact that Kubo + His Team + WSJ all contributed to this sad scenario of how it all ends. Some are inclined to defend Kubo that he didn't get enough time, others say that SJ is fed up just like a portion of the readers - regardless of the side people take, nobody is really satisfied with the outcome. And that's the underlining issue, these stubborn opposing forces couldn't get their act together and ensure the manga ends properly. The real losers in this situation are the readers who enjoyed the manga.

Errinundra wrote:
Everybody, particularly Ambimunch, cool it. Your opinions have been clearly stated so you don't need to re-hash them.

Cool from what, I'm completely calm. I have an opinion, and I will defend it like any other person.

We all stay on topic, some people are a little more edgy than others, but nobody here is breaking the rules. We have a good discussion going on here, and interesting points are brought up. So what's the problem? If people have an opinion, they have every right to go back and forth with it.

If you feel that there is nothing relevant here, lock the thread rather than forcefully shut individuals up, but as you can see we're still discussing the different aspects of this whole situation. There is not a single post that detracts from the topic. So I will continue the discussion as I have up until now, seeing as I'm calm contrary to your incorrect deduction. Thanks.
spoiler[(will screenshot all 10 pages, just in case, for future reference)]
Renasviel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:

Cool from what, I'm completely calm. I have an opinion, and I will defend it like any other person.

We all stay on topic, some people are a little more edgy than others, but nobody here is breaking the rules. We have a good discussion going on here, and interesting points are brought up. So what's the problem? If people have an opinion, they have every right to go back and forth with it.

If you feel that there is nothing relevant here, lock the thread rather than forcefully shut individuals up, but as you can see we're still discussing the different aspects of this whole situation. There is not a single post that detracts from the topic. So I will continue the discussion as I have up until now, seeing as I'm calm contrary to your incorrect deduction. Thanks.
spoiler[(will screenshot all 10 pages, just in case, for future reference)]

And now I hope you see exactly what I was referring to in regards to the woefully incompetent moderation on this site. There was absolutely no reason for one to intervene here, but because they just have to flew those moderation muscles of theirs, they do so. To illustrate my point regarding subscribers, what I meant was if you in this case were arguing with a subscriber, you and you alone would have your posts edited for you and told to basically shut up and stop disagreeing with the subscriber. It's such a glaring doublestandard, and it's hilarious when they go full damage control trying to silence criticism of themselves while still attempting the maintain the fallacy that they are being impartial in their use of moderation.
----------------------------------------------------
Now that we've pretty much exhausted discussion regarding the whys of its ending, how about we talk about what we expect? Personally, I can see a quick timeskip, which Ichigo narrating what happened in the aftermath, a few panels showing the side cast getting on with the rebuilding of SS and their respective home worlds, and then ending with a few biig shots of Ichigo and friends taking part in their daily lives, getting ready to head out onto their next adventure.
Black Turtle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Renasviel wrote:
----------------------------------------------------
Now that we've pretty much exhausted discussion regarding the whys of its ending, how about we talk about what we expect? Personally, I can see a quick timeskip, which Ichigo narrating what happened in the aftermath, a few panels showing the side cast getting on with the rebuilding of SS and their respective home worlds, and then ending with a few biig shots of Ichigo and friends taking part in their daily lives, getting ready to head out onto their next adventure.
We can be sure of one thing, we're gonna have the chapter with the most story content of the series. Since normal chapter can be resumed in one line.
Somewhere

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:45 pm Reply with quote
I expect it to be Harribel-less. And Sado-less.
A Man named RJ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
@Somewhere

It doesn't seem like anyone here is saying Bleach should have kept going, people all came to terms that it's ending soon. We touched on the subject of declining sales and popularity, you brought it up again, and no one is arguing with the numbers.

The source of the dissatisfaction from people is the fact that Kubo + His Team + WSJ all contributed to this sad scenario of how it all ends. Some are inclined to defend Kubo that he didn't get enough time, others say that SJ is fed up just like a portion of the readers - regardless of the side people take, nobody is really satisfied with the outcome. And that's the underlining issue, these stubborn opposing forces couldn't get their act together and ensure the manga ends properly. The real losers in this situation are the readers who enjoyed the manga.

Ok: im gonna keep this short, and refuse any responses to this comment - As much as this goes against my academic debate morals, As to avoid starting a shit storm when you've all already said what you have. and this runs the risk of getting each party in more trouble. This means if he responds to me, all of us should just ignore it

Ambimunch Your entire little fit was at WSJ screwing Kubo over. These guys talking to you have presented chart, after chart after chart. that proves this was not WSJs fault, yet you refused the entire time to blame Kubo for his shitty writing. Then you project on everyone else and pretend that you were the victim and defending your opinion.

Problem is the sales situation is not your opinion. It's an opinion to beummed about your favorite series ending. it's not an opinion that it was being dragged way too long with a ticking clock on it. WSJ didn't tell Kubo how to pace his fights, Kubo did. and as a result the readers had a terrible time. Blame the writer. WSJ was more than fair to Kubo

you flat out admit to that so why did it take 10 pages of arguing back and fourth with you the actual facts of the situation? I can only surmise that you're just an upset fanboy throwing logic to the wayside because your feels were hurt, and to that, you're irksome.

When people are presenting you imperial fact after fact, and you double down on presenting your uninformed and biased opinions as "fact" because your feelings are hurt then you're being an unreasonable CHILD. and Yes that also includes the "but he said" response you keep throwing out.

grow up!

Thats all. Carry on.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:46 am Reply with quote
1. The moderators have no issue with posters disagreeing, so long as it is polite.

2. We do have problems with posters being rude to each other and/or soapboxing.

3. Subscribers do not get special treatment. We just banned a subscriber for life. There are several other subscribers on moderation.

4. Locking thread as there is no longer any useful purpose in keeping it going.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:09 am Reply with quote
@Ambimunch - Errinundra probably sent their warning once you asked someone if they were autistic. Threads tend to spiral down once personal insults get thrown out, aND that's when mods step in to remind people to argue the topic, not sling mud in each other's faces.

To everyone in this thread, if Errinundra wasn't clear enough, then let me say it: Be polite is the #1 rule on this site. Avoid petty insults. Thank you.

@Renasviel - Considering a subscriber just got banned (for reasons not to be disclosed), it isn't a case of preferential treatment. Everyone is moderated based on their behavior. Several subscribers tend to just stick to the subscriber forums or at least avoid the Talkback forums, which have more arguments.

I am not saying the mods are perfect or aren't prone to mistakes, but we do try to be impartial and hold up to the rules to the best of our ability. And we have our own forum to discuss our actions with each other, requesting opinions and the like and receiving feedback from admins. Some of us have been here for a long time and have been around the block before with how situations arise. And, yeah, maybe we are a bit pre-emptive or harsh at times, or too slow at others - we do our best, we make mistakes. But we don't moderate in a vacuum. We are accountable for our actions.

And now that we have gone off topic enough, everyone please get back to the topic of the thread and stop with the personal attacks to avoid locking the thread.

Edit: Whoops, was working on my response while Errinundra sent in theirs. Sorry for the double moderation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10