• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Miya Kinojo's Chillin' in Another World with Level 2 Super Cheat Powers Light Novels Get TV An

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aerodynamic41

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:43 am Reply with quote
Wow, J.C. Staff reunited the Shana duo for this.
Farafra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:58 am Reply with quote
Light novel authors really are running out of ways to say 'my self insert is overpowered in another world'
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:10 am Reply with quote
Well everyone will be happy to know that this protag is vehemently anti-slavery. And while it is isekai, he moves from one fantasy world to another rather than from modern day.

He is OP but story takes it in a "I can easily solve all the world's problems but that's not a good thing" direction.

And for a more personal appeal, this is one of an increasingly few fantasy titles where the protag has one wife and one wife only.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:29 am Reply with quote
This looks like absolute hot garbage but since J.C. Staff is still insisting on casting Rie Kugimiya & Satoshi Hino as the lead couple in their anime 20 years later I'm 1000% obligated to watch it! Anime smile + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
XCalliope

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:55 am Reply with quote
Oh dear... Very Happy
XCalliope

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:04 am Reply with quote
Speaking of which, considering that we are in kinda revival of 2000s anime, it wouldn't surprise me if some Tsunderie stuff returned in some way.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:16 am Reply with quote
They're tired of Level 1 isekai anime, so now they're making Level 2 isekai anime. Rolling Eyes
AP24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:49 am Reply with quote
Aerodynamic41 wrote:
Wow, J.C. Staff reunited the Shana duo for this.

They were also the Zero no Tsukaima duo
MrPuzzles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:01 am Reply with quote
*sigh*

I'll just stick to rewatching my DVDs for the next two goddamn decades until all this Isekai shit is over and done with....
Key

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:07 am Reply with quote
A fantasy setting where the norm is having to survive to level 2 to access special abilities might be a slightly interesting twist. (Some tabletop RPGs are set up that way.) But I'm not sure if this sounds clever enough to go that route.

Yeah, agreed that the main appeal here is reuniting the Shana duo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:46 am Reply with quote
They totally knew what they were doing casting Satoshi Hino and Rie Kugimiya together as a couple again only this time Kugimiya is all love and affection instead of a tsundere.

Instant watch for me!
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:59 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
A fantasy setting where the norm is having to survive to level 2 to access special abilities might be a slightly interesting twist. (Some tabletop RPGs are set up that way.) But I'm not sure if this sounds clever enough to go that route.

Yeah, agreed that the main appeal here is reuniting the Shana duo.

It is not.

Depending on how they adapt this, this can be either. A better " banished from the heros party" or a worse " death march". If we get the middle of that it would be like a more action/plot focused " killing slimes for 300 years". It has likeable characters with good interactions, a semblance of plot and direction and because the mc is middle ground it has potential. He got isekaied from another fantasy world that has better morals than the world he got into, sonwhile.he ia not a modern person by any means he still has the moral upper ground. That also makes him less of a self insert ( emphasis on less).
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Came here for the obligatory outrage of another isekai anime production.

Left sated Razz
Pedram

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Oh this is getting an anime Very Happy
I stop reading novel after 1 volume but still reading manga mostly up to date

this actually is pretty good specially if they go with the Manga's way of the start of the couple's relationship which improved the rather more abrupt LN version.

it stand out from other cheat skill stories because,

#1 it's not a harem and it's a rather wholesome single girl romance (specially if they go with Manga vers which spoiler[instead of making them have sex early on made their relationship in-name only for a while so they actually fall in love before they get physical, LN was rather rushed and silly lol]) and this story wont drag anything too much and make progress when needed. so that's a plus.

#2 for a story like this with a MC and cheat skill, I think it's good to not take itself seriously and have a lot of goofy fun, which this one have.

#3 rather chill story without too much drama, lots of shipping, side characters all get their own ship and love and pairing, almost everyone.

on a side note, it's worth Mentioning the MC was not a loser from earth before being transported here, he was a very successful merchant from a fantasy world, also while its a silly cheat he get no matter what, it's nice that it was kind of explained why this accident happened.

so long story short,
it's a not too deep fun and chill story that while not bringing a lot to the table, it does what it advertise itself to do well enough lol So I think i will watch this one.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Pedram wrote:
Oh this is getting an anime Very Happy
I stop reading novel after 1 volume but still reading manga mostly up to date

The manga's story starts to diverge greatly after the first volume, that include character traits and relationships in addition to events which can be reshuffled, cut or manga exclusive...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2