• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kim Kardashian Colors Hair Pink Due to Anime 'Obsession'

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:58 pm Reply with quote
I honestly did not expect to see a Kartrashian in an ANN article's headline. Thanks for putting that image in my head, ANN.
StarFan13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:01 pm Reply with quote
What about Sailor Moon's Chibiusa? She got pink hair
Terrible90sDub

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I'm conflicted! On one hand, I'm always happy to see anime being portrayed as having a wider audience than the current stereotype.

On the other, I dislike the amount of attention given to reality show personalities.

So... yay? And... also arggghhhh?

Last edited by Terrible90sDub on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Time to look for a new hobby now
Vannil

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Someone get that Miyazaki "Anime was a mistake" meme ASAP
joe_g7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Funimation, please stop encouraging her...
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:44 pm Reply with quote
People, it's just a slow news day. They happen.

I do think it's kind of amusing, though.
Shinji Paradox

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Everyone needs to relax. LOL It's ok if a celeb is into anime, I don't understand why you guys still think anime is blocked off from everyone else then "us". If she's into anime, cool. But stop with the dramatics it only makes us look bad. Laughing
Draconix814

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, though I am just judging from the video and her tweet, I don't believe she is into anime as much as she says she is-- or at all.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Shinji Paradox wrote:
Everyone needs to relax. LOL It's ok if a celeb is into anime, I don't understand why you guys still think anime is blocked off from everyone else then "us". If she's into anime, cool. But stop with the dramatics it only makes us look bad. Laughing

Nobody has any problems with celebrities like anime. When Sam Jackson did that answer question thing and said he liked hentai everyone was loling. And then the figure skater guy like tokyo ghoul. Thats cool. Britney spears kid like anime, good for him. Im pretty sure Snoop said he likes Naruto. And some NFL players is a diehard DBZ fan.

The issue here is its a Khardasian. The walking dumpster family of America, making even the Hilton family look like role models. Nobody wants to like anything associated with them, well almost nobody, im sure one or two people will pop up.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:38 pm Reply with quote
I am slightly amused but as a reality TV actress I take what she says with a dose of salt since a lot of what she does is about increasing her fame.
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Yeah well:

1. Ugh. Rolling Eyes
2. Like someone tweeted the other day, show us your MAL account or it didn't happen! Cool

Next we'll be getting Paris Hilton saying "OMG Anime, that is so hot". If that happens, well it's probably time for me to walk away and find a new hobby.
Nodz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Now we'll have all her followers and her vapid friends who we'll be "i'm totally into anime too, i'm so an otaku", like when being a "geek" was a trend (of course, being geek means owning a MacPro, wearing large-framed glasses and watching the Marvel movies)
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:39 pm Reply with quote
This is so fake. All these celebrities coming out liking anime all of a sudden is way too much fo a "gimme attention" type of grab. There is no way someone like Kim Kardashian likes anime, it could be just to get people in the anime community to like if. I'm not buying any of this crap for one second..
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:00 pm Reply with quote
I think it is hilarious that some people seem to simultaneously think that anime is so niche in America that some random celeb can't have a clue about it, yet is so grand and unassailable, that the mere intonation that the same celeb has an interest in anime - no clue as to whether it is in an anime they even personally like - is enough to get them to think they need a new hobby.

Honestly, I know near nothing about the Kardashians. I find it fairly easy to avoid knowing much of anything about any reality TV stars if I don't want to. So, the fact Kim Kardashian might like anime has literally no impact on my view of her, or anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4