• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Deltora Quest (U.S broadcast).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranma87

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:49 pm Reply with quote
http://www.hubworld.com/deltora-quest/shows/deltora-quest

10-10-10 The first episode starts on "The Hub" a new channel that will be also launching 10-10-10 to replace the current channel known as "Discovery Kids" I just thought I would give people a heads up.

There is no planned DVD release for this series in the united states, and likely never will be, have your DVD recorders ready if you hope to keep it. Its gonna be rave master all over again... except this series doesn't suck quite as much.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Almost totally forgot about it, even with the 10-10-10 date. Thanks for the heads-up.

Hopefully the adaptation will be a faithful one (Geneon originally had it, so I suppose so), that, and I hope that the Blue Water dub turns out well enough, given the amount of inexperience there (and BW's lackluster history). The show sounds like it could be pretty good, so we'll see how things go from there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I saw the first episode of the sub a while back, even my brother who is an avid fan of Deltora Quest did not like it, I would say that it's main target is probably young kids.
tarheel91

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:12 pm Reply with quote
I'd rather not have a major part of my childhood ruined by an anime that will undoubtedly fail to live up to the books (even ignoring the rose-coloring tendencies of nostalgia).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1