• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
83rd_Dream

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:07 am Reply with quote
Name: Nick
Sex: Male
Blood Type: B+
Marital Status: Single
Religion: None, but I like to take different aspects from different religions and apply them to myself
Pets: Dog & a cat
Drink/Smoke: Both, and often
Likes: All kinds of music, literature (fiction & poetry), writing, movies, eating, technology, fashion, culture, language, philosophy, architecture, history, the human condition, romance, health & hygiene, astronomy, life, the universe and everything
Dislikes: Unhygienic people, snooty people, most pop music, people who can't carry an intelligent conversation
Favorite Anime: Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Love Hina, Vision of Escaflowne, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, Mahoromatic
Favorite Manga: Never been big into manga, but I really enjoy Lupin III, Trigun, Mahoromatic, and Love Hina
Favorite Books: Lapse of Time (Wang Anyi), Confessions of a Mask (Yukio Mishima), Metamorphosis (Franz Kafka), A Fire Upon the Deep (Vernor Vinge), Neuromancer (William Gibson), Slaughterhouse Five (Kurt Vonnegut Jr.), Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams), Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Journey to the West
Favorite Games: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, Akumajo Dracula X: Chi no Rondo, Metal Gear Solid, Snatcher, Katamari Damacy, Popful Mail, Final Fantasy VI, VII, VIII, Lunar: Silver Star Story, System Shock 2, Grim Fandango, C&C: Red Alert 2
Favorite Movies: Seven Samurai, Ran, Ikiru, Yojimbo, Kagemusha, Rashomon (I love Kurosawa), Europa Europa, Three Colors: White, Spaceballs, Blade Runner, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, In Bruges
Favorite TV Shows: Mythbusters, The Muppet Show, Futurama, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Robot Chicken, Space Ghost Coast to Coast
Non-Alcoholic Drink: Hojicha
Favorite Foods: As long as it's not too spicy or looks like it's been regurgitated, I'll probably like it
Favorite Sites: Wikipedia, ThinkGeek, CDJapan, ANN, DeviantArt
Favorite Sport (to watch): Soccer
Favorite Sport (to play): Hockey
Favorite Bands/Composers (I'm going to try to keep this as short as possible): KMFDM, Velvet Acid Christ, Kraftwerk, Haujobb, Flesh Field, Velvet Eden, Hora, Malice Mizer, Venetian Snares, DJ Krush, Kyuss, Michiru Yamane, Goldfrapp, Wes Montgomery, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock, Mozart, Falco, Bach, Claude Debussy, Brahms, Chopin, Yasunori Mitsuda, Nobuo Uematsu, Jimi Hendrix, Joy Division, New Order, The Damned, The Leather Nun, Sonic Youth, Nirvana, Digable Planets, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Public Enemy, Le Scrawl, Saint Vitus, The Obsessed, Einstürzende Neubauten, Zombie Nation, The Cult, The Doors, Drudkh, Pixies, Burzum
Job: Recently unemployed D:
Hobbies: Making music, reading, writing (prose & poetry), playing video games, fixing jewelry, playing cards, smoking, drinking

I'm really enjoying this site. I recently just got back into anime, so if anyone could give me some suggestions for me based on my likes and whatnot, I'd be grateful to have them Very Happy
gSebastian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:53 am Reply with quote
I just moved to Hawaii lately, from China, and my english is bad, but, I feel great here because this is a heaven for anime lovers.
brandonboll

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Name: Brandon Boll
Drink/Smoke: Drink plenty / smoke hookah
Favorite Anime: It really depends on the genre for this one, Its hard for me to do a stack comparison of Gurren Lagann to ToraDora, But i have seen a lot of anime over the years. Here is my list http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Brandonboll

Job: Tech support for an online highschool >.<
Hobbies outside of anime: Video Games of all sorts, League of legends is my current addiction (come play with me user name: B Stick)
akocjet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:51 am Reply with quote
Name: Jet
Blood Type: O
Religion: Roman Catholic
Pets: Cat
Drink/Smoke: I drink occasionally but I don't smoke
Likes: Music, Anime, Technology, Nature, Romance, Study, Adventure. Alomost everything Smile
Dislikes: stupid people, liars, posers, indolent,
Favorite Anime: All -- Deathnote, Naruto, Bleach,One Piece, Fate/Stay Night, Code Geass, Gundam Seed, D. Gray-man, Darker than Black, etc.
Favorite Manga: No Bra, Air Gear, Bakuman
Favorite Books: Many to mention
Favorite Games: I'm not into games these days..
Favorite Movies: Many to Mention
Favorite TV Shows: Smallville, Gosip Girl, etc.
Non-Alcoholic Drink: Water
Favorite Foods: All especially spicy foods Smile
Favorite Sites: ANN, facebook, Youtube
Favorite Sport (to watch): Basketball
Favorite Sport (to play): Table Tennis
Favorite Bands/Composers: Many to mention
Job: Student
Hobbies: Reading, Studying, Watching DVDs, Eating, Playing Computer Games, Analyzing financial statements

I'm really enjoying this site. I recently just got back into anime.
xxxleet.ptxxx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:17 am Reply with quote
Name: Alexandre

Sex: male

Blood Type: O-

Marital Status: In a relationship

Religion: Agnostic

Pets: 2 kittys

Drink/Smoke: sometimes if the ocasion apears, but not regularly

Likes: reading all sorts of books, watching animes/movies surfin
the web and playing mmos and eat, i totaly love to eat and dooze off in the couch

Dislikes: Unpolite people, and people that is normaly known as the "english gramar police", i felt the wrath of them many many times, but give us "non native english speaking humans" a break ^^

Favorite anime: Kaiba, FCLC, Mushi-shi and so many others eheh

Favorite Manga: Rouroni Kenshin, GTO and One Piece are the only ones i collect.

Favorite Books: Orwels 1984, Huxley Brave New World, Lord of the Rings, any Dragonlance novel and some Sci fi old school authors novels

Favorite game: FF7, Asherons Call, WoW, any Street Fighter and King of Fighters version and God of War

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Pan's Labyrinth, Blindness,Requiem for a Dream and many more, Tv shows only comic stuff like The Big Bang Theory

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Water

Favorite Foods: Spicy pasta with cheese and mushrooms and .. amg now im hungry

Favorite Sites: normaly i lurk in ANN forums, IGN Vnboards, WoW Eu forums and Youtube

Favorite Sport any martial arts sport show will steal my attention

Favorite Sport (to play): in-line Skating

Favorite Music: hum tough question here im into many kinds of music, i could tell you what is my fav classical music piece and my favorite hardcore music and my favorite trash metal music, but am unable to tell what is my fav one hehe , so here goes , Classic music- Carl Orff Carmina Burana , Hardcore - Biohazard Urban discipline, Trash - Sepultura Refuse/resist.

Occupation I work in the local central hospital as a sexy male secretary ^^

Hobbies: Playing mmos, watching animes, sleeping and reading comix

*edit* spelling /blush
FenRirTenHoor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Name: Aaron

Blood Type: hate needles, so no idea

Religion: none to speak of

Pets: 1 dog, and a cat that just had three kittens

Drink/Smoke: smoke in social climates

Likes: fun, horse-play in a pool, sugar, drunk/high people, RPGs,

Dislikes: stupid rules, party poopers, needles

Favorite anime: Lucky Star, Spice and Wolf, kodomo no jikan, tora dora,

Favorite Manga: Black Bird, karakuri odette, pink innocent, four-eyed prince

Favorite Books: Lolita, Fahrenheit 451, to kill a mocking bird. our town, video game novels

Favorite game: Mass Effect, All traditonal pokemon RPGs, Ratchet and Clank, Gears of War

Favorite Sport non-athletic, sports scare me

Favorite Sport (to play): figure skating, don't ask just trust me on this one.

Favorite Music: While most of the music on my DSi is anime opening and endings, i do enjoy 90's grudge, and modern rock.

Occupation stocker/bagger/janitor/produce assistant at the local supermarket

Hobbies: anime, games, sleeping, teasing my friends, drooling
wannabeotaku

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Name: Jean

Blood Type:asked but never got an answer

Religion: I guess none

Pets: none
Drink/Smoke: Nope

Dislikes: stupid rules, large groups of people, going outside

Favorite anime:Toradora, Welcome to the NHK, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Bleach, Rurouni Kenshin, YuYu Hakusho, Card Captor Sakura

Favorite Manga:Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Xxxholic, Welcome the NHK

Favorite Books: Welcome to the NHK (notice a pattern?), Notes From Underground,The Temeraire Series

Favorite game: Grand Theft Auto games, Guitar Hero, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future

Favorite Sport none

Favorite Sport (to play): Parkour

Favorite Music:Anime Openings, Misc. J-Rock, Pop-Punk Blink-182, Smashing Pumpkins,
SOAD

Occupation High School Student

Hobbies: anime, games, sleeping, Tvtropes, being a ninja
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:07 am Reply with quote
Name: Kitty
Sex: Female
Blood Type: Unknown
Religion: Non-religious
Pets: 1 Kitty named Yuki ^^
Drink/Smoke: Drink only occasionally
Likes: Anime, Manga, Books, Animals, Cooking, Singing, Cute things, Bawls, the sound of Rain, and Asian Horror Movies.
Dislikes: People who don't have any manners, Animal Cruelty, Spiders, and Bananas.
Favorite anime: FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Soul Eater, Jigoku Shoujo/Hell Girl, Code Geass, any anime by CLAMP (CardCaptor Sakura, XXXHolic, Tsubasa Chronicle, etc), Detective Conan/Case Closed, Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler, Hetalia, and any anime by Key (Angel Beats!, Kanon, Air, etc).
Favorite Manga: Anything by Clamp, Arina Tanemura (Full Moon, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, etc) and Kaori Yuki (God Child, Angel Sanctuary, etc), Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler, Liar Game, Skip Beat!, Nana, Ouran High School Host Club, and FullMetal Alchemist.
Favorite Books: Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter Series, The Immortal Instruments, Anita Blake series, Trueblood series, and Gargoyle.
Favorite game: Legend of Zelda games, Kirby Games, Ace Attorney series, Silent Hill series, Cooking Mama, and Left 4 Dead 1 and 2.
Favorite Sport: Hockey.
Favorite Sport (to play): Does swimming count? >.>;;;
Favorite Music: Anything except for hardcore rap and country.
Hobbies: Cooking, hand sewing, reading, AMV creating/experimenting, writing, traveling, Anime, and collecting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kimbeey13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:00 am Reply with quote
Name: Kimberly

Blood Type: Unknown, I always forget.

Religion: I don't really put to much thought into religion.

Pets: Two dogs (Bentley and Mack) and two cats (Niko and Lexis)

Drink/Smoke: I very rarely drink and have never been drunk and I don't smoke at all.

Likes: Anime, Manga, reading, writing, internet shopping, video games, music, ice cream, and tomatoes

Dislikes: Roaches, rude people, horror movies, veggie sticks, the television on when no one is watching it, the extremely stuck up and rude customers that come into the store I work at, and being woken up

Favorite anime: I have many, but a few favorites are Baccano, 5 Centimeters Per Second, and (La) Maison en Petits Cubes

Favorite Manga: Again I have many, but a few are 07-Ghost, Paradox Blue, Karneval, +C Sword and Cornett, and Full Moon Wo Sagashite

Favorite Books: The Princess Bride and The Outsiders

Favorite game: The Legend of Dragoon, Fire Emblem, Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4, Suikoden III, Eternal Sonata, Dragon Warrior VII, and a good number more

Favorite Sport: I don't really pay much attention to sports

Favorite Sport (to play): Softball

Favorite Music: I listen to pretty much anything and in any language

Hobbies: Writing, reading, collecting anime and manga, browsing and shopping on the internet

Last edited by kimbeey13 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
GeekWithTaste

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Name: Most other places I go simply by Sachi, but here I'll be going by GeekWithTaste. My real name is Kyle.
Blood Type: Uhh... lol
Religion: Athiest
Pets: Two kittens, Lemmy Von Neumann Kilmister and Kitsune.
Drink/Smoke: I'm "too young" for that sort of stuff.
Dislikes: I'm not sure, but I'll know when I dislike it.
Favorite anime: I'll try to keep the list short with just Neon Genesis Evangelion and Darker Than Black.
Favorite Manga: N/A
Favorite Books: Hitchiker's Guide To the Galaxy, SPIN, Good Omens, etc.
Favorite game: The Kingdom Hearts series, Star Ocean, Modern Warfare 2, etc.
Favorite Sport: Football
Favorite Sport (to play): Football
Favorite Music: Just about anything, but mostly old school metal and punk rock.
Occupation: High school senior, and head Geek at Geeks With Taste.
Hobbies: Playing and writing music, blogging, hanging out with friends, watching anime.
Fifth B

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Name: Evan
Blood: Type: No idea
Religion: No idea
Drink/Smoke:Hell yes/from time to time
Favorite Anime: I can never pick a favorite anything, though if I were held at gunpoint, I would probably say either Fullmetal Alchemist, Neon Genesis Evangelion, or Escaflowne.
Favorite Manga: In the above scenario, Monster, Hellsing, Berserk, or Honey and Clover
Favorite North American TV: Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Wire, South Park, Classic Simpsons, National Geographic.
Favorite Books: The Hobbit, The Crying of Lot 49, The Great Gatsby, The Lord of the Rings, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, A wizard of Earthsea, Dune, and a host of others
Music: The Beatles, Ozric Tentacles, Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, P-Funk, James Brown, Aphrodite's Child, Bob Marley, Camel, SImon and Garfunkel, Yes, King Crimson, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Meters, Sly and the Family Stone

I look forward to good times, zany adventures, wacky antics and touching memories aplenty!
Kaoruu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:37 am Reply with quote
Name: Sabine.
Blood Type: No idea
Marital Status: living together
Ethnicity: European
Religion: none
Pets: 2 Cockatiels and 2 aquariums with fish and shrimp
Drink/Smoke: Stopped smoking, still drink Smile

Dislikes: Rude people, people who don't take me seriously because I am younger then they are, Metal, Cheaters, when someone cuts me off in the middle of a sentence , close talkers Shocked , and really bad waiters/waitresses in a restaurant that I pay good money for.

Favorite anime: Samurai X, Rahxephon, Gunslinger girl.
Favorite Manga: Rurouni Kenshin,

Favorite Books: Ride the wind, Misery, Pet sematary, EarthChildren serie, the girl who loved Tom Gordon, The gunslinger, LOTR, Harry potter serie,Natural selection, too many to mention all Razz

Favorite game: first Viva pinata, Zelda Link's awakening, Wallace and Gromit serie, Harry Potter lego, Indiana Jones Lego.

Favorite Movies: the Shawshank redemption, misery, The green mile, A beautiful mind, Disturbia, Harry Potter, The nightmare before christmass, The corpse bride, Interview with the vampire, memoirs of a geisha, Alien series, Wallace&Gromit curse of the where rabbit, X-files, Indiana Jones serie, Texas chainsaw massacre, new Alice in Wonderland, and so on Razz

Favorite tv shows: Gilmore girls, Seinfeld, X-files, NCIS, Supernatural.

Favorite Drink: Baileys
Non-Alcoholic Drink: chocolate milk
Favorite Foods: pancakes
Favorite Sites: Anime news network, Punkyfish.nl,
Favorite Sport (to watch) American football
Favorite Sport (to play): none Razz
Favorite Music: Coldplay, AC/DC
Job: administration

Hobbies: Photography, playing video games, reading, watching Anime, playing boardgames with friends (I sound kinda nerdy don't I? ( Rolling Eyes )
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:46 am Reply with quote
Kaoruu wrote:
Dislikes:...people who don't take me seriously because I am younger then they are...

What about people who are younger than you and don't take you serious. I've been known to be quite sassy.

Quote:
close talkers Shocked

You mean these kind of close talkers?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rakiko

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Name: Rachel / Rakiko is my nickname everywhere
Sex: female
Ethnicity: Canadian
Pets: my blue mink Tonkinese cat...is my adoptive daughter she is always with me
Likes: classic anime series from 70s-80s, classic Cinema 10s to 70s,
animals, collecting,

Dislikes: homophoby, racist, people who thing only about themselve and people who destroy natural places where the animals are living
Favorite anime: Sailor Moon, Kerokko Demetan, Lady Oscar, UFO robot Grendizer, captain Harlock, Candy Candy, Megu-chan, Majokko Tickle, minashigo Hutchi, kurenai sanshiro,Tokyo mew mew, Mermaid melody, Strawberry panic,
Favorite TV shows/Movies: Pandora s' box (1929), La Strada (1954), Broken blossoms (1919), Vertigo (1958), Queen Christina (1933), Der Blaue Engel (1930), Rear window (1953), Flesh and the devil (1927), Intolerance (1916), Det Sjunde inseglet (1956), Camille (1936), Sunset Blvd (1950), IT (1927), Never on Sunday (1960),

Favorite actress : Greta Garbo, Louise Brooks, Gloria Swanson, Clara Bow, Marlene Dietrich, Melina Mercouri, Ingrid Bergman, Kim Novak, Catherine Deneuve,
favorite actors: Max Von Sydow, James Stewart, Cary Grant, Anthony Perkins, Paul Newman

favorite singers: Patricia Carli, Mitsuko Horie, Vicky Leandros, Dalida, Marie Laforêt, the beatles

favorite seiyuus: *__* Rihoko Yoshida, Mitsuko Horie, Aya Hisakawa,
Supermutant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Name: Richard Simonsen Jr. aka Supermutant/Supermutant2099 aka RJ Hammer.

Religion: Believe in god but not really a practicing one.

Pets: My family owns two dogs that I don't like but I had a cat name sandy that I loved a lot.

Drink/Smoke: Don't drink or smoke

Likes: Video Games, Great Music, Great Movies (Horror/Sci-Fi/Action/Comedy etc doesn't matter), Comic Books, Star Wars novels, Pro Wrestling (American/Japanese/Lucha)

Dislikes: Yaoi, Tentacle Hentai, Justin Timerblake, DBZ, Brokeback Mountain, Wrestling dying young, Really bad Anime endings.

Favorite anime: Sailor Moon, Tenchi, Slayers, Beck, Full Metal Panic, You're Under Arrest, Case Closed, Burst Angel, Melacholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya, Ah My Goddess, Lupin III, My Hime, Project A-Ko, Record Of Loddoess War, and more.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Naruto, Claymore, Hero Tales, Et Cetra, Cheeky Angel, and more.

Favorite Books: Peter David's Hulk novel (I forget the name and can't find it at the moment.

Favorite game: Mass Effect 1/2, any Madden games, any Smackdown vs Raw games.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Airplane, 24, Heroes, Lost, Law and Order, House, Ghost Busters, and more.
Yeah I included ones that were canceled but still favs of all time of mine.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Pepsi/Diet Pepsi

Favorite Foods: Cheese Burgers, Chicken, Tatter tots, Spaghetti and Meatballs.

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Funimation Blog.

Favorite Sport (to watch): Wrestling (ROH/Dragon Gate/Shimmer), UFC, Baseball, Hockey, Football.

Favorite Music: I listen to a little bit of everything except ganster rap or death metal or hard metal.

Hobbies: Video Games, Comic books, Collecting cards and hero clixs when I have the money.

Fun facts about Supermutant:
Been to many WWE and ROH shows over the years. Going to first Dragon Gate USA show in October.
Been to 7 Anime Next Conventions. Plus Wizard World 2003 and New York Anime Fest 2002.
Has a large collection of unread manga that bigger then un watched dvd collection.
Actually hated Sailor Moon before I actually ever really sat down and watched it. Now my favorite Anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 112 of 233