• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Isshoni Training with Hinako Gets English Android App

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Creepy just so creepy of a video

But the app is some thing I would get if I had a phone Laughing
einhorn303

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:20 pm Reply with quote
You certainly won't be seeing this on the terrible censorship and DRM-infested iPhone.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:23 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
This seemed like such a cute, innocent idea until I saw the pictures. Bleah.

Good lord, please don't tell me that item on her mouth is what I think it is. That is creepy, even for me whose seen a ton of odd objects via internet.

At least she was fully clothed. It wouldn't be so bad normally, but if memory serves the character is 16 and not 18 or older.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:32 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
You certainly won't be seeing this on the terrible censorship and DRM-infested iPhone.

I donno. Wasn't there just a ruling that jailbreaking is legal and that Apple can't force consumers to grab all their apps strictly through the iTunes store (or wherever they buy them -- I don't have an iPhone).
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
At least she was fully clothed. It wouldn't be so bad normally, but if memory serves the character is 16 and not 18 or older.

lol, and this is a problem why?

einhorn303 wrote:

Yeah, I think more and more anime/manga-related goods will be going on the Android and Kindle than Apple's iWhatever devices for this reason. 30% of Kodansha Manga Rejected by iTunes is just one example from a single mainstream publisher of mainstream titles no less.

Takeyo wrote:
I donno. Wasn't there just a ruling that jailbreaking is legal and that Apple can't force consumers to grab all their apps strictly through the iTunes store (or wherever they buy them -- I don't have an iPhone).

That's true. Users now have a legal guarantee they can use their devices in their own ways, but they'll still have to deal with a hacking it, potentially voiding the warranty, publishers writing "unapproved" apps for this niche market, and setting up a non-Apple store, which I doubt is going to happen. Much easier just to target Android and Kindle.

Anyways, that video was complete marketing fail Mad
They should have gotten a cute, preferably busty, girl (ala Hinako) to demo it instead! Twisted Evil
vega427

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:32 am Reply with quote
Is anyone who buys this app really going to use it for exercise? I didn't think so. I know I wouldn't. Being as I need to get a new phone, I think I'll look into the Android....I didn't watch the demo vid. After seeing the guy perched over the pillow, I couldn't bring myself to watch it.
extatix

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

It's an animation for f's sake, not a real person.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Ishoni Training Android Ap: One of the fastest ways to ensure you'll die a forlorn virgin! :lol:

There is probably a application for that.

Yeah, that video does look really, really creepy. Six dollars way too much for something like this, maybe a dollar or so. Good old Japan, if it can be made, it will be made. Never mind if it's weird or not.

I almost don't even want to know the demographic that this stuff appeals too.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Yay! I can buy this!! Luckyyy.
reanimator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:52 pm Reply with quote
I feel sorry for the dude on the video. It looks like he's in late 30's to early 40's and still f***in' around with a cartoon-ish toy. No wonder some Japanese think they don't have future.
I'm 33 and I work out 5 days a week without a junk like that. I know this is harsh, but I have to say this: If he can't get a woman whatsoever, then he should get himself a mail order bride. Instead of wasting money on "moe" junks, it's better off getting some makeover and be active with search for Miss Right.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:05 pm Reply with quote
P90X this is assuredly not. My advice to beginners? Start with a basic fitness routine and then move up. That or go to your nearest Crossfit gym and ask the owner to scale the workout of the day for you and move up accordingly.
tyciol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:19 am Reply with quote
I'd really like to play this game, going to try to watch the 'Sleeping With' video soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2