• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] Split: Yūki Hayashi

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nader
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Yuki HAYASHI

Split: Yūki Hayashi (mangaka)

Kaichū! (manga) : Story & Art

Source:
Young Jump
Yūki Hayashi @ wiki.ja - 林佑樹
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Given the strange career path (down from episode director to key animator?) this may be more complicated than it looks, and indeed:
有紀 (Aki, Arinori, Naoki, Yuki, Yuuki; ANN has Yuki/Yuuki for 5 persons) for the oldest credit (director) but
祐己 (Masami, Yuuki; ANN has 0 persons so far) for the newest credit (animator).
I didn't make a full check, I just wanted to give a warning that this looks like 3 persons of which the name of the animator isn't that clear.
Nader
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:53 am Reply with quote
Devil Doll wrote:
Given the strange career path (down from episode director to key animator?) this may be more complicated than it looks, and indeed:
有紀 (Aki, Arinori, Naoki, Yuki, Yuuki; ANN has Yuki/Yuuki for 5 persons) for the oldest credit (director) but
祐己 (Masami, Yuuki; ANN has 0 persons so far) for the newest credit (animator).
I didn't make a full check, I just wanted to give a warning that this looks like 3 persons of which the name of the animator isn't that clear.

I just checked the career history of Yūki Hayashi (mangaka as given in the link) and it doesn't fit with the two others. Also the Kanjis for their names are different. I don't know if the entries of the two others Hayashis are correct or not. Thats why i'm just asking a split request for the mangaka.
But if you like you can have a further look into the other Hayashi's so all of them can be fixed.

- Nader
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:53 am Reply with quote
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
林 有紀 = はやし ゆうき = HAYASHI Yuuki (director) is a pseudonym of
小坂 春女 = こさか はるめ = KOSAKA Harume (25+ credits at ANN, Wikipedia page with explanation and even a list for which of her credits are given under which name)
(5 ENAMDICT readings for 有紀 = Aki, Arinori, Naoki, Yuki, Yuuki; ANN has 4 有紀 persons, all Yu[u]ki)
林 有紀 (1997) Clamp School (TV) : Storyboard (http://pierrot.jp/title/clamp/story/)
林 有紀 (2001) Shiawase Sou no Okojo-san (TV) : Episode Director (Wikipedia)
林 有紀 (2001) Hikaru no Go (TV) : Episode Director (http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/hikaru/, unusable; better: Wikipedia)
林 有紀 (2001) Hikaru no Go (TV) : Art (eps 7, 12) should be "Storyboard" (http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/hikaru/, unusable; better: D2_STATION)
林 有紀 (2002) Samurai Deeper Kyo (TV) : Storyboard (no source; better: Wikipedia)
林 有紀 (2002) Princess Tutu (TV) : Episode Director (ep 17) ("Japanese ending credits..."; better: Wikipedia)
林 有紀 (2002) Naruto (TV) : Storyboard (eps 36, 43, 51, 73, 81, 104, 112) (Wikipedia)
林 有紀 (2003) Bottle Fairy (TV) : Episode Director ("Official US DVD credits"; better: WIkipedia)
林 有紀 (2005) Emma: A Victorian Romance (TV) : Episode Director (eps 2, 7) ("ep 2 credits"; better: Wikipedia)
which explains why she "started" with high-level tasks already (actually she's animator since 1988... which means that her first credit for a 1966 anime can't be correct).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
林 祐己 = HAYASHI Yuuki/Hiromi/Masami? (animator)
(2 ENAMDICT readings for 祐己 = Masami, Yuuki; ANN has no 祐己 person so far, and not even Wikipedia appears to have one; the ENAMDICT version implemented in my JWPce editor knows only "Masami", not "Yuuki")
(4 ENAMDICT readings for 裕己 = Hiroki, Hiromi, Hiroshi, Yuuki; ANN has no 裕己 person so far, Wikipedia prefers "Hiromi" over "Yuuki")
己 (2005) Konjiki no Gash Bell!! (movie 2) : Key Animation (livedoor wiki)
林 祐己 (2007) Gurren Lagann (TV) : Key Animation (eps 4, 15, 24) (D2_STATION)
林 祐己 (2009) Kimi ni Todoke (TV) : Key Animation (eps 7, 15) (livedoor wiki)
林 祐己 (2009) Kūchū Buranko (TV) : Key Animation (eps 10-11) (livedoor wiki)
ANN has a HAYASHI Hiromi (林 広美) but she's a special effect person with a credit from 1964 plus another one from 2004. ANN also has a HAYASHI Masami 林 正実 with 1 credit for Storyboard in 1997.
林 佑樹 = はやし ゆうき = HAYASHI Yuuki (mangaka) (Wikipedia page)
林 佑樹 (2009) Kaichū! (manga) : Story & Art (http://yj.shueisha.co.jp/manga/kaichu/)
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:31 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Which leaves merging the director with its alias Harume KOSAKA.
braves

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:01 am Reply with quote
Nice to see that the split was done. These credits that are on Yuki Hayashi (animator) belong to another Yuki Hayashi (林 由稀; colorist):

Aria the Scarlet Ammo (TV) : Finish Animation (Silver Link) source
C³ (TV) : Finish Animation (Silver Link) source

Additionally, the credits on Yumi Hayashi have been moved over to Yuki Hayashi (animator), so those can be hidden now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Yuki HAYASHI (colorist)
I'll let you enter the Kanji as all I'm seeing is boxes.

I can't check the Yumi Hayashi details (other than that the Kanji aren't the same as there are different little numbers in the boxes)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:34 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
Additionally, the credits on Yumi Hayashi have been moved over to Yuki Hayashi (animator), so those can be hidden now.

Are you sure about that? The sources for BECK and Summer Wars on the Yumi Hayashi page clearly indicate 林祐巳, not 林祐己
Summer Wars: 林祐巳
Beck: 5x 林祐巳, 1x 林祐己
Eureka 7: 1x 林祐巳, 1x 林祐己
Anime dazed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
braves

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Pretty sure those are typos for the same person. Hayashi does have an identifiable style given her work on Kyosogiga and other Toei work, and I remember seeing it in Summer Wars at least (And Hosoda's a Toei guy, so it makes sense he would bring on other people from there like Hayashi and Naoki Tate; haven't watched the other two). Those credits are also listed on her sakuga wiki page
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1