• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Letter from the Editor: A look at the (near) Future - Interim 1.0

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:30 pm Reply with quote
It makes looking at the frontpage a bit harder on the eyes but whatever I guess I'll just go back to RSS feeds.
jsc315

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:34 pm Reply with quote
love the new look. Much more user friendly and over all easier to find what I'm looking for.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Jrittmayer wrote:
It makes looking at the frontpage a bit harder on the eyes but whatever I guess I'll just go back to RSS feeds.

Or you can go to animenewsnetwork.com/news

Of course, that's only the news, so if you want the mainfeed and but with less color, I'm sorry, not right now.

I'm thinking we should add the "old style" as an option though...
Nephtis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:59 am Reply with quote
Excellent, much better than it previously was! I like the idea of customisation and I don't think the icons seem like they're there "because they can" - they offer a quick way to scroll down if you're looking for certain kinds of information (or if you can be bothered reading it at the time).

Keep up the great work!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:43 am Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Jrittmayer wrote:

Of course, that's only the news, so if you want the mainfeed and but with less color, I'm sorry, not right now.

I think that would be better. I'm all for change and all as long as it's for the better and not just for the sake of it. The "old style" works for me as it is, but being "Johnny Foreigner" here news and info is all I get anyway. Wink
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:19 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Jrittmayer wrote:

Thanks! Much better Very Happy
and Yeah, an "old style" option would be much appreciated.
dewlwieldthedarpachief

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
tempest wrote:
Jrittmayer wrote:

I think that would be better. I'm all for change and all as long as it's for the better and not just for the sake of it. The "old style" works for me as it is, but being "Johnny Foreigner" here news and info is all I get anyway. Wink

It's not really one thing or another but just that the sum of the icons, underlined titles and summary text is overwhelming to look at for me. I like the idea, perhaps there's a a more elegant way to convey all of that info without so much text, like more of a reliance on icons or something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4