• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gee, the Karaoke version is quite a letdown.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Hanamaru Sensation has quickly entered a place in my all time favorite themes. The song is infectious as hell. I had wanted to follow the music to it, but it's a bit hard since the vocals are so high in the mix; not a bad thing per se, since the rapid fire vocal delivery makes the song. What I could make out of the music was a pretty heavy rhythm section and a lot of guitar (my favorite combination of music).

So I finally tracked down the vocal-less version and was immediately disappointed. The opening rhythm section is still kinda cool but the actual melody of the song, around which the vocals are based is pretty much nonexistent. It drives home the fact the song is centered squarely around the vocals.

So that's a roundabout way of asking have you heard the karaoke version of a song and felt let down by it?
Maryohki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:23 am Reply with quote
Honestly, I've never really enjoyed most of the karaoke versions of anime songs I've heard for that exact reason. In fact, the only karaoke version I can think of that DIDN'T disappoint me was for Crystal Kay's Konna ni Chikaku de..., the first ED for Nodame Cantabile.
eyeresist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:04 am Reply with quote
It never even occurred to me before this thread, but are there easily available karaoke CDs of popular anime themes?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1