• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Spring 2010 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:44 am Reply with quote
Heroman should be seen for what it is; a series for 8-12 year old boys. It's tailor made for English speaking audiences. It isn't meant to have a deep plot or characters. But it's too early to judge what the series will be like from just the pilot. All the pilot really did was to introduce characters. It looks like a good series for mainstream audiences to get into and could be a hit if it can find a station to air it.
4nBlue

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:07 am Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
Does that make it better or worse? Laughing I thought they were threatening enough considering Heroman's extreme appearance and our protagonist's stature. (People are already calling him a "reverse trap," pretty much.)
My first impression of the protagonist was, "he is gonna get violated in the next Comiket". The promo material didn't make him look this girly.

B Gata H Kei
Survived almost 10 minutes of this and I don't plan to return even if it turns out to be the best anime of the year.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama
Dropped for now. I can't care for the maid or the bastard, maid was like some kind of bad eroge heroine and the bastard was just an a**hole. This might have worked as one episode thing, because I have no interest in following what will happen to these two any longer. At least the maid dresses were kind of cute.

Heroman
This might have been the best thing ever for me ten years back, but now this is just a children's show with pretty animation and designs. Will keep following if something other than production values manages to impress me, otherwise I will marathon this after the series has finished.

Edit:Incorrect information removed, my mistake hissatsu01.

Last edited by 4nBlue on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:38 am Reply with quote
4nBlue wrote:
hissatsu01 wrote:
Zac, I am shocked and appalled by your lazy fact checking:

"Chu-Bra!!, which pretended to be about female puberty but was really just an excuse for otaku to leer at a high school girl who wouldn't shut up about her panties"

Ahem, middle school girl (12 years old). See, that makes it sooo much better. Anime dazed
Ahem, high school girl.

anime#11199
Quote:
Yamada is a high school student
http://www.bgata-hkei.com/story.html
Quote:
春から高校生となる彼女

Did you say something about fact checking?

Let me ask you a question. What's the first word I quoted from Zac's article? Hint: it starts with Chu and ends with Bra!!

As for B Gata H Kei, I watched the first episode. I feel dumber. I did not laugh. I did have the urge to drink. I fell asleep a little past half way through, watched the rest after waking up. Won't be watching any more. Ugh. I should add that the both the OP and ED are that sickeningly sweet, forced cuteness that make me want to through a brick at the TV.

Last edited by hissatsu01 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:31 am; edited 3 times in total
4nBlue

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:50 am Reply with quote
hissatsu01 wrote:
Let me ask you a question. What's the first word I quoted from Zac's article? Hint: the quote wasn't talking about B Gata H Kei.
You were correct, my apologies. Embarassed
That part of my comment has been removed.
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:33 am Reply with quote
4nBlue wrote:
You were correct, my apologies. Embarassed
That part of my comment has been removed.

No problem. The ability to recognize mistakes is more important than the mistakes themselves. Nobody's perfect.
shirow1160

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:52 am Reply with quote
[quote="Scamp"]Every season seems to get worse and worse. Anime is going downhill. Time to break out those 80's anime again

I have to agree. Time to break out the 80's anime again.
Ta-kun The Black Kitty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:57 am Reply with quote
Um, is it Kosuda or Kusoda? Because Zac left me thinking if the others had it wrong. Though I'm inclined to believe it was a pretty good pun.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:00 am Reply with quote
ANN reviewer Hope Chapman wrote:
Ripping someone's breasts off and running them up a flagpole is funny, right?

Ick. I'll pass on the comic graphic dismemberment.
msgundam2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:09 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to watch Angel Beats!, Kiss x Sis and K-on!!. I'm amazed no one else is watching them here. Especially Angel Beats! it probably going to be the best anime of the season.
garfield15

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:13 pm Reply with quote
(I don't think anyone's watching it yet since those have not started in Japan)

I for one am looking forward to Angel Beats and K-ON!!. KissXSis can go drown in a river though (no offense to those who want to see it)
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Angel Beats! I'm pretty sure already aired since it had a April 2 airing date (in Japan). We'll be seeing subs pretty soon I'm sure.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:26 pm Reply with quote
DavidShallcross wrote:
ANN reviewer Hope Chapman wrote:
Ripping someone's breasts off and running them up a flagpole is funny, right?

Ick. I'll pass on the comic graphic dismemberment.

Oh, it's not gory...kinda bloody, but not gory. Some guy just threatens to do it, but doesn't actually do the deed. I just thought jokingly talking about doing it was pretty darned gross. Anime dazed
Moonsaber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Zac said:

"Last season we had Chu-Bra!!, which pretended to be about female puberty but was really just an excuse for otaku to leer at a high school girl who wouldn't shut up about her panties;"

correction, I think, that makes it even more stupid and perverted.
I believe that show was set for 1st year Jr High, or about 7th grade. Approx. 12 year old girls.

Ick.
russ869

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:48 pm Reply with quote
When I read about B Gata H Kei, I still can't believe they made a show about that.

Oh Zac, that was good of you to bring up "Boner School."
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Moonsaber wrote:
correction, I think, that makes it even more stupid and perverted. I believe that show was set for 1st year Jr High, or about 7th grade. Approx. 12 year old girls.

Hello Mr. Point That Was Already Made Several Pages Ago!

Well, Tim, you didn't have to wait very long, your fellow reviewer Carl apparently got a real kick out of B Gata H Kei!

By the way, you've just got love that title. The first part, "B-gata", refers to the B blood type, and all the awful, insulting stereotypes associated with type Bs (they may be fun at parties, but they're selfish, flighty, reckless, and not very bright). The second, "H-kei", of course refers to the "h" in "hentai," so it means "the perverted type."

Yup. Just classy all around!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 49