• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Metal Fight Beyblade season to start April 04, 2010.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DranzerX13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:27 am Reply with quote
メタルファイト ベイブレード〜爆〜
Metal Fight Beyblade: ~Explosion~

instead of starting over with the episode count, it's continuing the count with 52, 53, etc.

http://anime.webnt.jp/program/index.php?pg_page=tv_detail&detail=3543
RHachicho

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy! more 20 min long toy adverts for the masses can't wait!

Seriously though how did this show ever succeed I mean I did try to watch some and it's worse than the later series of transformers. I felt like I was watching a commercial break.
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:09 pm Reply with quote
RHachicho wrote:
Oh boy! more 20 min long toy adverts for the masses can't wait!

Seriously though how did this show ever succeed I mean I did try to watch some and it's worse than the later series of transformers. I felt like I was watching a commercial break.

You're enjoying the wrong medium if you're complaining about commercial breaks. Because almost every single piece of anime is some form of advertisement.
RHachicho

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:17 pm Reply with quote
I am sorry but i completely disagree with that statement Primus. Sure maybe stuff like Pokemon and Yugioh that I agree. However please tell me what sort of stuff Mushi Shi or Read or Die where advertising?

Besides there is a difference between the content of a show being marketable and marketability being the entire purpose of the show. Beyblade is basically a bunch of Anime stereotypes fighting it out with toys and making it look cool with magic and snappy music/animation. Not that I particularly MIND the whole stereotypical Anime dudes fight it out with magic powers malarkey. But I feel that efforts that are almost entirely mercenery take all the charm away from it.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:08 pm Reply with quote
RHachicho wrote:
Beyblade is basically a bunch of Anime stereotypes fighting it out with toys and making it look cool with magic and snappy music/animation. Not that I particularly MIND the whole stereotypical Anime dudes fight it out with magic powers malarkey. But I feel that efforts that are almost entirely mercenery take all the charm away from it.

Well, I watch Beyblade because it's... Fun. Yeah, watching an anime because it's a fun show to watch; this concept seems to be lost nowadays as most people seem to want to look for something with lots of meaning, lots of seriousness, lots of fanservice, etc... Once fun comes into play, it seems like most people either ignore it or they consider it a guilty-pleasure or something like that. There's nothing wrong tiwh just having fun watching an anime.

Anyway, I'll agree that the original Beyblade anime had its problems, but it still wasn't bad. The second season, 2002/V-Force, was interesting in that it had a larger focus on storytelling then just battling. The third season, G-Revolution, was by far the best of the original three, though. It took the general idea of the show and went to the over-the-top extreme and had fun with it... To complain about this is just silly, as the first season showed that it can only be so enjoyable when it's taken mostly seriously. G-Revolution was by far the most enjoyable of the first three seasons, and Metal FIght goes off of G-Revolution's example and is just as fun to watch, if not even more enjoyable, as it combines G-Revolution fun battles with 2002's focus on storytelling.

It's more than just random battling with no real rhyme or reason; Metal Fight Beyblade is a legitimately good anime, but I can understand that some people just can't get the fact that the characters are using die-cast metal tops to battle instead of using their fists, swords, giant robots, trading cards, super-powers... You know, battling with tops doesn't sounds quite as silly now, does it?
RHachicho

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for the one line reply but that just isn't true. I will defend shows like Gurren Lagann to the death for being just fun. However these endless array of collectible item battle games, well it's obvious that they where created with selling stuff in mind and this precept runs through the entire show. And don't think I haven't watched a decent amount lol my nephew loves the damn stuff .. that and Yugioh.

And yes battling with spinning tops still sounds silly. Sorry but there's only so many ways you can pull a string.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1