• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Heroman!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yivyn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:10 am Reply with quote
[EDIT: Contented deleted at request of user. -TK]
Westlo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote
Heroman nearly had zero buzz before that trailer... now it's going to be one of the most anticipated. Loving the animation by Bones.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:39 am Reply with quote
The animation looks surprisingly good, especialy compared to how awefull the plot summary sounded, I guess I should learn to not totaly judge something by it's summary alone.

I am wondering about the age demographic though, summary sounded like for kids, but certain parts looked quite dark.
Westlo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:43 am Reply with quote
Oh yeah this is going to be a two cour show. As posted by duckroll who's a mod on neogaf and use to post on AoD but now posts on another anime forum..

Quote:
http://wanpack.main.jp/work/work09_11.htm

Wanpack worked on Heroman ep16 in November. So that pretty much confirms it's more than 13 episodes.

DuskyPredator wrote:
The animation looks surprisingly good, especialy compared to how awefull the plot summary sounded, I guess I should learn to not totaly judge something by it's summary alone.

Even though I'm guilty of overlooking Heroman, we really have to learn not to judge anime based off a 20 word synopsis. The majority of synopsis we read suck anyway and for the most part aren't even what the show is about.

And it's not like the majority of plot in anime isn't awful in the first place lol.
LaFreccia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:30 pm Reply with quote
The animation did look good. Those bug creatures that I guess are the aliens looked cool too. As you said, the music gives it a kids show feel, which is fine, since it probably is a good idea to know who you're aiming the show at, then really go for it.

Not something I'm interested in personally, but I'll be glad for Stan Lee's sake if this doesn't turn out to be an utter disaster, the way that promo blurb made it sound.
Westlo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:38 pm Reply with quote
LaFreccia wrote:
The animation did look good. Those bug creatures that I guess are the aliens looked cool too. As you said, the music gives it a kids show feel, which is fine, since it probably is a good idea to know who you're aiming the show at, then really go for it.

It's airing at a 6pm time slot in Japan. And the OP is from the lead singer of L'Arc~en~Ciel. ED is going to be by FLOW (Eureka Seven, Code Geass)

Aside from the OP being in English I really don't see how this is much different from a typical jrock OP.

Last edited by Westlo on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:39 pm Reply with quote
I saw the trailer, did not see music being English coming really.

But the trailer is giving off a old school Saturday morning cartoon feel.

The animation was good to boot, I really can't wait to watch this now, it seems like it will be a good show for Crunchyroll or Funimation to pick up for streaming.
Niomo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Well, minus the music, it looks pretty good. I tend to watch any new shows, so I would have eventually gotten to this one, but now I'm more interested, thats for sure...I just hope the plot isn't the usual "kid finds giant robot, bad people want it, engage fighting" for 20 episodes. But I doubt it. Stan Lee is good people.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:34 pm Reply with quote
i learned to never judge an anime by how it looks or sounds after i started watching element hunters. though honestly once i saw bones was making this i knew I'd be checking it out no matter how silly the plot sounded.
Mister V

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:14 pm Reply with quote
My avatar comes in very handy in situations like these. Arrrgh. I should've known better... it has a connection to American comics, after all.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm convinced to check it out, but I'm still not going to be having much expectations of this being much more than a "kid is chosen to save the world" show. Though it does show itself to have nice animation.
garfield15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Mister V wrote:
My avatar comes in very handy in situations like these. Arrrgh. I should've known better... it has a connection to American comics, after all.

Uh....did you not know this was made by Stan Lee or what?

Westlo wrote:

It's airing at a 6pm time slot in Japan. And the OP is from the lead singer of L'Arc~en~Ciel. ED is going to be by FLOW (Eureka Seven, Code Geass)

Where did you find this? (That was L'Arc~en~Ciel singing in that promo? But that was good English! Razz)
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Surprise surprise! Japan actually likes American comics! And really what's the point in hating them? Them be brothers man!

Anyways I just hope we don't get 2 episodes of awesome action and then 22-some episodes of exposition and very little action like we did with Xam'd. Most disappointing studio follow up ever.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:19 pm Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:
Surprise surprise! Japan actually likes American comics! And really what's the point in hating them? Them be brothers man!
I feel like makeing a Hiro (Heroes) joke, but I wouldn't know what to say.

You also have the Ironman anime to look forward to, and the Wolverine anime to cry softly to yourself.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:23 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
i learned to never judge an anime by how it looks or sounds after i started watching element hunters. though honestly once i saw bones was making this i knew I'd be checking it out no matter how silly the plot sounded.

God, Element Hunters is a huge exception in anime. There's that kind of kids' anime open to adults, and then there's that sort of kids' anime that's simply and completely for kids only.

The trailer looked nice, a bit over-hyped though. I've always liked Stan Lee's stories, and add that to bones, the company that produced my favorite anime, and voila!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2