• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch on DVD?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CorruptedIce

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:32 pm Reply with quote
I was just wondering if it exists or not, I've seen pictures of some of the DVD covers, but when I go to sites like E-bay and Amazon.com, its like it doesn't exist. Can someone tell me if it does or not, and if it does, is it released in the North America that is?

Thanks in advance. Very Happy
Miho

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:01 pm Reply with quote
No, the series was never released in North America. I did hear that ADV had rights to the show a while back, but I'm not sure why they passed up the license. I'm guessing they thought the show wouldn't sell very well.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Miho wrote:
No, the series was never released in North America. I did hear that ADV had rights to the show a while back, but I'm not sure why they passed up the license. I'm guessing they thought the show wouldn't sell very well.
Most rumors say that ADV was trying to get a TV deal for Mermaid Melody, and because they didn't think it would make money without a TV deal, they passed on the license when the deal fell through. At any rate, the fansub group that was doing it (a group that doesn't sub licensed anime), picked it up again, so that's another good indication that ADV won't be releasing it.
littlemissfg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Miho wrote:
Most rumors say that ADV was trying to get a TV deal for Mermaid Melody, and because they didn't think it would make money without a TV deal, they passed on the license when the deal fell through. At any rate, the fansub group that was doing it (a group that doesn't sub licensed anime), picked it up again, so that's another good indication that ADV won't be releasing it.

hi emm does anybody know if its been realised in the U.K??
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1