• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Loses Blood+ & Death Note, Hints at 3 New Anime

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConanSan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:08 am Reply with quote
Ok, obvious bets:
FMA: B
Inuyasha: Final
Soul Eater

Outside Bets:
Keroro Gunsou
Cashhern Sins
Full Metal Panic
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:44 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
Ok, obvious bets:
FMA: B
Inuyasha: Final
Soul Eater

Outside Bets:
Keroro Gunsou
Cashhern Sins
Full Metal Panic

FMP was turned down by Kim Manning years ago. Also, color me skeptical on them getting anything that's NOT a boring whinefest.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:16 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one who wouldn't put it past them to have licensed Japanese game shows or something equally nutty?

It's great if they've changed their mind about anime purging but considering how warped they are at [adult swim], shouldn't we all take a moment to consider that they might be screwing with us again? I mean, it's not bloody likely that they aren't bringing some anime but do we have any real evidence?

Try to remember the sheer level of WTF crazy we're dealing with here. This is the same group that thought airing Saved by the Bell was a funny joke. Can we really trust them not to be messing with us?

And my money's on FMA: B and more Inuyasha, though technically I think they'd be getting the rights from the R1 licensors rather than direct from Tokyo.
ayashe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:01 am Reply with quote
Crappy Adult Swim should just stop airing crappy anime dubs altogether.
John Casey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:33 am Reply with quote
ayashe wrote:
Crappy Adult Swim should just stop airing crappy anime dubs altogether.

Right....so, where were we? Hmm...
-FMA: B is a longshot since it's not gone on long enough through localization. But, the original Inuyasha got on pretty fast, so know whows...
-Soul Eater is practically a gimmie.
-Watch them pull something totally random out of the ass...like Mospeada.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:43 pm Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
-FMA: B is a longshot since it's not gone on long enough through localization. But, the original Inuyasha got on pretty fast, so know whows...
-Soul Eater is practically a gimmie.
-Watch them pull something totally random out of the ass...like Mospeada.

People keep saying "it's too soon for this show", but seem to be forgetting that we aren't talking about this Saturday. From what was written on page one, the interstitial said one show for early February and one show for September. If they do go with three shows then it looks like they've given themselves all year to work on it. Inuyasha and FMA:B both could be easily ready for a September release. February would point towards something that's ready to go now. Could be Soul Eater, but I just don't see it as Adult Swim material, not compared to the more serious and thought provoking stuff they've been licensing recently (Code Geass, Moribito, Death Note, Blood+), it's been a while since they've licensed a fun action title that didn't already have a huge following. But then again, maybe that's been the downfall of anime on Adult Swim in the first place (though I don't think so) and the time is right for a show like Soul Eater to come along. Someone just mentioned Casshern Sins, now that feels like something Adult Swim would license today.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
John Casey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:55 pm Reply with quote
You gotta keep in mind: FLCL was their favorite anime ever. Razz

When you take that into account, Soul Eater could definitely fit in snuggly between their tastes...
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to take the "went to Japan" bit literal with my guess. Maybe, just maybe, they licensed some lower class show and they give it their own gag dub. Much like what ADV did with Ghost Stories. Possible? I think so.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Excel Generations

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Any anime please! God adult swim turned to shit after riding on Seth Green. Anime use to rule all day baby! We get screwed with a Saturday only line up and even then it starts up with like 2 hrs of garbage comedy.
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Here are my predictions of what to expect

Soul eater will be a most defenite obviouse

Inuyasha Final Act and FMA Brotherhood are defentially gonna be on there,dued to how adult swim constaly show reruns of the first series

all though this might never happen,but I hope adult swim air season 1 of Shakugan no shana,it possible,it would defentially make a fine edition to adult swim's lineup Very Happy
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Excel Generations wrote:
Any anime please! God adult swim turned to shit after riding on Seth Green. Anime use to rule all day baby! We get screwed with a Saturday only line up and even then it starts up with like 2 hrs of garbage comedy.

I have no idea why in the world people are complaining about this in a topic about Adult Swim acquiring 3 new anime titles.
Katane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:28 pm Reply with quote
While everybody speculating on what three new shows they're getting, you all might want to wait and see IF they get these new shows or not. Remember nothing's been conformed yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Excel Generations wrote:

The entire station is called Cartoon Network, not Anime Network. Fanboys really know where they belong, and Adult Swim is not one of them. You could just as easily watch anime on DVD, you at least have that option. Anime does not have to be on TV for you to watch it.

If garbage is getting higher ratings than anime, that's got to tell you something. I'd love to have more anime on tv as much as the next guy, but I understand why it isn't.
BDK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:15 pm Reply with quote
I guess the best canidates have already been said quite enough, even though I'm not feeling easy on the Soul Eater idea.

but some deep hopes that I think would be cool:
Detroit Metal City
Gundam Unicorn
The Legend of Koizumi
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:51 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
ok the first is obviously Brotherhood, the question is what are the other two? i'm going with the second being Soul Eater, but i have no idea on the third. EDIT nvm, i think Choco's got it right on Inuyasha.

I have a feeling it's gonna be like you said and the first two will be the new FMA and inuyahsa series.

As for the third. I got no clues on that one though it night be indeed either Gitama and Soul Eater.

But wouldn't be a real shock if somehow they say they "taken" the broadcasts of Naruto Shippuden from Disney? Or somehow they start doing the funi version of One Piece after the Skypeia arc where it ended on it's toonami run.

NOW that would make seriious headwaves.

would like for that to happen and have them paired right along with new eps of bleach,and with a decent timeline like around 10-12am. the viewership would skyrocket

Need to show more anime and less of those fox crap & US based shows even though they have more viewers,but with crappy shows like king of the hill & family guy raking more viewers than bleach, it has me and other posters worried and for good reason.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 11