• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kämpfer (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Showsni

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Hearing Makie's voice actress tell someone else they "fail as a human being" is strangely amusing. Do you think they edit the script to add in these voice actress related in jokes, or do they know who's going to be playing a role before they start writing? Obviously they wouldn't be in the manga...
Miranox

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7 is out. Another Kampfer appears, the story is non-existent, the fanservice is the same as usual and Kaede is becoming more annoying with every episode. The show would be better off without her. I really hope the story is going somewhere because the fanservice alone isn't going to keep me interested.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:07 am Reply with quote
I think episode 8 was the best so far. Probably because I'm not really into this "yuri" stuff. Natsuru goes on a date with Shizuku, and Shizuku seemed to be serious about the date. Perhaps, besides the date, there was also a little of a plot. Shizuku's concerns about the Moderators, for one.

Note: The Hell Girl reference wasn't funny: "want to try dying?"
Showsni

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:45 pm Reply with quote
I like how he's really mean to Shizuku without trying to be, kind of. I guess I kind of feel "serves her right." That is, assuming she is serious about the date.

I looked up the wikipedia article for this, and it kind of blew my mind that in the light novels this and Asura Cryin' cross over. I've been watching both series, and it's somewhat surprising, given the different tones of the animes...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:35 am Reply with quote
Did anyone else notice the huge simularities of Shizuku, and Hitagi of Bakemonogatari, and that makes her character very likeable for some reason, though she is a bit too social. I could mention several things from aditude, to hair, to food scene, to forcing him to call her by first name.

Man Natsu has to be one of the thickest anime leads, is he completely blind to others feelings about him. And now he has even unknowingly made some promise to a girl that might shoot him if he doesn't live up to it. Talking about that Akane's magical transformation was hillarous.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:36 am Reply with quote
I'm such a sucker for swimsuit episodes. It is vaguely embarrassing to be titillated by animated characters, but that's the male brain for you. I thought Madam President looking particularly fetching in her black bikini. And yes, she definitely gives off a Bakemonogatarian Hitagi vibe which makes her even sexy-ar.

Akane's flustered horndog thing still cracks me up: "Oh no, I couldn't possibly do that...unless you want to." You get the sense she is one of those "nice" girls who is a real freak in the sack.

Actually, I like the whole harem. They each have their separate charms. I think we are finally getting close to seeing the "true" Sakura. I wonder if she actually is a baddie or not. Certainly, she seems to be more aware than she seems.

Late breaking thought: I wonder if Madam President is actually as into Natsuru as she seems. Because this is a harem show, I've been taking her interest at face value, but I wonder if she's playing it up to see how Sakura will react (i.e. to determine her true role in the Kampfer scheme of things)? Hmmmm...
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
It is vaguely embarrassing to be titillated by animated characters, but that's the male brain for you.

lol~ I always take pride on that. I'm beginning to be delighted by this anime's character design... sexy ~desu.
DuskyPredator wrote:
Did anyone else notice the huge similarities of Shizuku, and Hitagi of Bakemonogatari, and that makes her character very likable for some reason, though she is a bit too social.

Blood- wrote:
And yes, she definitely gives off a Bakemonogatarian Hitagi vibe which makes her even sexy-ar.

Now that you mention it, I can also see the similarities. Though I don't think Shizuku is as sociable as you say.

Shizuku's tongue moves were sexy as well. But I guess that's just because of the beer I had.

"If you win, I'll show you my boobies"
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Shizuku might be a little like Hitagi, but I think the former is far more calculating. For as much as she's teasing Natsuru, she's not nearly as emotional with her attraction to him, which probably is genuine, but might just be some sort of ploy.
Sea Lion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:17 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I'm such a sucker for swimsuit episodes. It is vaguely embarrassing to be titillated by animated characters, but that's the male brain for you. I thought Madam President looking particularly fetching in her black bikini. And yes, she definitely gives off a Bakemonogatarian Hitagi vibe which makes her even sexy-ar.

To quote Chris Rock, "Ain't nothin' wrong with that!"

Blood- wrote:
Akane's flustered horndog thing still cracks me up: "Oh no, I couldn't possibly do that...unless you want to." You get the sense she is one of those "nice" girls who is a real freak in the sack.

Oh, she's crying for it.

Blood- wrote:
Actually, I like the whole harem. They each have their separate charms. I think we are finally getting close to seeing the "true" Sakura. I wonder if she actually is a baddie or not. Certainly, she seems to be more aware than she seems.

Late breaking thought: I wonder if Madam President is actually as into Natsuru as she seems. Because this is a harem show, I've been taking her interest at face value, but I wonder if she's playing it up to see how Sakura will react (i.e. to determine her true role in the Kampfer scheme of things)? Hmmmm...

DINGDINGDINGDING! Why hasn't anyone else but Shizuku suspected Sakura? At the very least, all the evidence points to Sakura being involved with the Moderators, if she's not a Moderator herself.

Of course Shizuku likes screwing with Natsuru, but she's watching Sakura like a hawk and gauging her reactions. So far, Shizuku's the only one taking definitive action to determine the point behind the Kampfer war.

I don't think Kampfer will go this deep, but Sakura leading male Natsuru away like she did at the end of Ep. 9 was ominous -- like she was trying to separate him from the others to knock him off. In Sakura's mind, getting rid of male Natsuru would free female Natsuru to date her.
Niomo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:16 pm Reply with quote
So I've been watching this show, but never felt the need to post about it. Honestly, even with my limited 5 months of anime experience didn't expect much besides girls girls girls and other fan service moments.

Yet, episode 10...is that...a...plot?? Partly. spoiler[I mean, they've been commenting that Sakura has given all the Suicide animals to the Kampfers, etc. So imo, it's no surprise that she is also the "leader" or something to the sort. I just didn't expect it until the white Kampfers showed up. Also, I will admit that there was something that always bothered me about Sakura's character, so I'm glad she's evil and will have to be killed/hurt/beaten. ]

We'll see where the show goes. I doubt I'll post again until the end for some final thoughts, but hey, at least there's some semblance of a plot in a mostly fan service show.

edit: LOL. I just noticed that there are only 12 episodes on ANN's list atm. This might be one short plot! Anime hyper
joeschultz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:58 am Reply with quote
i kinda figured by ep 8 i was started thinking how sakura could be like and went back to ep 7.Thing started getting suspicous by ep 10 it confirm what i thought by re watching the whole thing from ep 1. Though saying nothing about guess on ending if my guess is right. Till then will enjoy the latest intstallment of gender bender idea
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:24 am Reply with quote
I could be wrong, but after seeing episode 10, I'm inclined to think that Sakura isn't actually "knowingly" a baddie. What I mean by that is that I think she is a split personality where her "good" side doesn't realize what her bad side is doing. It could even be that some kind of entity has possession of her. Or she could just be a straight up, two-faced bitch. We'll see.

Also, I am back to thinking that Madam President actually does have the genuine moisties for male Natsuru after all, the lucky bastard.

If there really are only going to be 12 eppies as the ANN Encyclopedia indicates, it is hard to imagine a satisfying conclusion unfolding in the last two episodes. My guess (and hope) is that there will be a second season at some point.
Westlo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:37 am Reply with quote
Niomo wrote:
Yet, episode 10...is that...a...plot??

Of course it has a plot, it is based on a light novel series with 10 novels released after all, I think they're in novel 9 material atm which shows how much the anime has focused on the story lol.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I like spoiler[evil Sakura.] She makes the show much more interesting. I'm a little disappointed Shizuku spoiler[seemed so eager to ignore the inconsistencies in Natsuru's behavior if it meant he actually liked her, but at least she has the sense to suspect something was a little off and knows Sakura is behind it.] Also, that her reason for being interested in Natsuru seems to be that she's never actually had to seduce anyone before, and he's one of the few guys who doesn't just adore her to start with.
Sea Lion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Okay, so some of my snap judgments after Ep. 9 were way off, but others, not so much. I'm liking the darker tone the series is taking, even if it's poised to wrap in two episodes' time. Kampfer started off so innocent and sweet, sucking the viewers in with fanservice and silly gender-bender plots, then BAM! Right between the eyes!

spoiler[Does Kaede have a power somewhat like Geass, or is it more like some sort of super-hypnosis? In either case, the other Kampfers are in for a nasty surprise attack from Natsuru]

Also, spoiler[it's creepy Kaede has a harem of her own White Kampfers itching to do her bidding. Maybe she's actually a vampire...]

Poor, poor Akane. She can't even get an indirect kiss from Natsuru.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5