• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Letter From The Encyclopedist - Bochi-Bochi

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:52 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I'm definitely liking this feature, although I now have the problem that there is no way to fully clear or delete error reports, and then there's the problem that "eps 1-3, 6, 8, 10-11, 15-17, 20-24" is over 30 characters..

The reasoning behind the 30-character limit was to keep each credit on one line, to prevent text-wrapping. After all it was only supposed to be a simple precision, not a novel. But with the practice of listing all episodes in the precision, the size limit doesn't make sense any more, so I've increased the limit to 100 characters.

But I'm surprised that you didn't notice: with this new feature, you could have bypassed the limit by submitting several precisions. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
maaya

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:39 am Reply with quote
Dan, thanks for the link Smile

Concerning the song, in my case it was "epithalamion" by FictionJunction.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Hey, that's pretty cool that the anime now links to Shelf Life.

Are you working on linking manga to Right Turn Only?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
But I'm surprised that you didn't notice: with this new feature, you could have bypassed the limit by submitting several precisions. Wink

I assumed there was one precision per user so didn't even try it.
Thanks.

--edit--

I'm seeing some breakage on Kiddy Grade: In some cases it is summarizing the number of episodes, followed by a new line, followed by the list of episodes, followed by another newline and the close bracket. In others the episode list in in a popup over the number of episode which I assume in the intention for all of them. I've tried ctrl+refreshing in chrome (4.0.223.11) but haven't tried alternate browsers yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
When a person has different aliases you can submit information specific to each alias. In particular, for seiyuu this allows to enter the kanji version of each alias like this.

I've liked this change, as it's very useful for kanji input (which I've been doing more lately) on seiyuu that have aliases. One thing I've noticed is that it won't take any given-name only seiyuu. For an example:
Teiiku:海原エレナ
works correctly, but
Teiiku:氷青
won't work. Of course, I can just enter the name manually in those, but wondering if that particular thing could be corrected (guessing the encyclopedia checks family name first and if there's none, can't find it?). There is also a problem for kanji input when actors change their name in kanji but retain the same spelling for their name.

The precision feature sounds very useful too, particularly when one user enters episodic staff early and another user wants to update the numbers later.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2