• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Do As Infinity to Play Inuyasha: The Final Act's Opening

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:05 am Reply with quote
Wow. A band came out of retirement for a TV series. Has that ever happened anywhere before, ever?

Will they be making a new song? Or will it be one of their older ones? They did a lot of great songs beyond the ones used for Inuyasha. (One of my fave J-Pop bands)
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:25 am Reply with quote
I could care less about InuYasha: The Final Act and Do As Inifinity; what I'm most interested in is AAA's ending theme. I love their opening theme for World Destruction and hopefully I'll like their upcoming ending theme as well. I'll probably take a peek at the first episode, if only to listen to the ending theme.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vspirit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:31 am Reply with quote
LoL. While I'm as enthusiastic about ToriA's involvement in this as you are, I'm just as interested in the anime itself and DaI's comeback tune for the anime. I'd watch the anime even if neither DaI or ToriA are involved but to see that they are simply spells one thing about the project for me: perfection. =)

ToriA's a very versatile group so I'm really looking forward to their tune for this anime. =D Zero was fitting for WD but I actually preferred Crash, the theme for the WD DS game. xD It was through WD that I was first exposed to the group but didn't actually become an avid fan until very recently under very different circumstances, heh.

Have you checked out anything else of theirs beyond Zero? If you haven't I recommend that you should. They have a lot of very nice songs. Although a healthy number of them are more dance tracks, they have a variety of other styles too, ballad, pop, rock, hiphop--and they sound awesome in each and every genre. so much so you have to wonder why they aren't more involved in the anime industry.

Man, I really can't wait for this. I might even rewatch the first 100+++ episodes just to prepare myself for this. xxxD That, and I'm really missing Fukai Mori and Shinjitsu no Uta.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Good to see them coming back to perform the OP but on TOP of that, great to see an air date announced.

Viz, you need to get an air date out soon too. Broadcasting/Streaming/Digital Downloading details of SOME form, GIVE US INFO.
joystick1101

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:18 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Wow. A band came out of retirement for a TV series. Has that ever happened anywhere before, ever?

they didn't reunite for the show.

kawaiiguy wrote:
Awesome! Though weren't they only apart for 3 years, and not 9 as stated in the article?

yeah they broke up in 2005.
goaltaylor33

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:27 pm Reply with quote
And the best news is that we finally have a premiere date! Just less than a month away!
pajmo9

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Inuyasha had some of my favorite openings and closings. I'm glad that DAI is getting back together and one of their songs is being used for the new opening.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm quite happy that Do As Infinity actually reunited some time ago, and is doing a song for the series. Their Inu Yasha themes were among my favourites. I also really liked their Opening Theme for Zoids Genesis, so I was saddened when I heard they broke up years ago.
Akukaze

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, D.A.I. "officially" reunited last September, released their first new single in June, and will be releasing a new album at the end of the month. Though my guess is that this opening theme will be released afterward as their second new single. We'll see. :]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
iBankai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
jenthehen wrote:
Inuyasha was the very first anime I ever watched. I'm ridiculously excited that it is coming back Smile

I know the feeling. It wasn't my very first, but it was one of the earliest, and it seemed to mark the end of an era for me when it ended on TV. I really hope that AS picks this up because I think they'd get solid ratings. The fact that they even bother to keep the reruns has me at least a little hopeful. If nothing else, it has been fun to tell people that it's continuing just to see their reaction.
Haha me too! I love posting it every where! I'm so glad they are coming back for InuYasha! It was my first anime, which seems to be the case for a lot of people. InuYasha was such an amazing anime, and despite that it eventually became inane. I still loved it. The anime created such a connection. And I can't wait for it to return, it should prove to be great. I hope BoA and Namie do some more work on Inu...
iBankai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:43 pm Reply with quote
goaltaylor33 wrote:
And the best news is that we finally have a premiere date! Just less than a month away!
Ahh yes! October 3rd! I'm nervous! I watched the anime dubbed! I love the english cast, especially Kikyou! So I don't know what Viz is going to do! It would be pretty cool if the subbed and dubbed were released simultaneously, although I seems unlikely Sad Btw, is anyone else dreading the day they air the episode equivalent of chapter 465 "light"? Sad
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:17 am Reply with quote
jenthehen wrote:
Inuyasha was the very first anime I ever watched. I'm ridiculously excited that it is coming back :)

Same here. But I admit, I am exceptionally surprized that Inuyasha might actually have a climatic, awesome ending I thought it would when I first started watching this series.

This has to be a first ever to see a Rumiko Takahashi series receive another season despite an offical "ending". Now if only Ranma 1/2 would get this treatment, but I'll take what I can get.

Since its been several years since I heard the current voice of Richard Ian Cox. I've watched the fourth season of Ranma 1/2 four times in a row just to hear his voice and of course watch Ranma 1/2.

This type of news is about as exciting as when I first started watching Toradora. Although diffrent, both were extremely interesting to watch.
vspirit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:50 am Reply with quote
According to the news featured on this site, DaI's OP number will be titled, "Kimiga inai mirai" (rough tl: The Future Without You). The release date for the single is still pending.

AAA's ED number will be called "With you" and it'll be featured as part of their 22nd single, "Hide-away" as (most likely) an A-side, due out near the end of October. The jacket of the limited first press edition of the single will also feature a sketch/doodle from the final volume of the manga in the form of a sticker.

I can't help but notice the absence of Dai Nagao from the DaI picture featured on the site. I hope it's only because he couldn't make it to the photoshoot and not...the other reason I could think of.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2