• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Host Shodojo.com Social Community Site

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_X_box_360

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:56 pm Reply with quote
SongstressCela wrote:
Quote:
If I watched anime online (besides here at Anime News Network) I much rather watch a series legally than watch anime shows on a site that actually had illegal fansubs at one time.

Better hope you never plan on using Napster or the new Pirate Bay, ace.
or Youtube or Veoh.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:25 am Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:

Most of your complaints aren't even based off of how they operate, but how they operated before they took a radical shift in direction. Coca-Cola used to put cocaine in their soda, do you you hate them as well?

Except for the fact that cocaine wasn't illegal when Coca-Cola used it. In fact, they stopped using it in 1903 before it was even considered a controlled substance, so while they were doing something that would be illegal today it wasn't at the time. CR, on the other hand, was doing something that was illegal at the time, and then went legit.

Personally, I'm glad they have changed to their new methods, but I still won't use the site. The idea that they used to ask for money on fansubs and rips keeps me from going there. I certainly hope things work out for them since they really are trying to help now, but I'm not going to go to that site when I have other options like the one Funimation is giving.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:43 pm Reply with quote
The_X_box_360 wrote:
SongstressCela wrote:
Quote:
If I watched anime online (besides here at Anime News Network) I much rather watch a series legally than watch anime shows on a site that actually had illegal fansubs at one time.

Better hope you never plan on using Napster or the new Pirate Bay, ace.
or Youtube or Veoh.

You beat me to it. At least Crunchyroll keeps illegal content off it's website now, YouTube doesn't even try unless you go out of your way to contact them and make a big deal out of it. And I'm willing to be a lot more people got/get their anime illegally from You Tube than from Crunchyroll. A lot of my fans who watch fansubs on You Tube, have never even heard of CR.
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:47 am Reply with quote
Big news about Shodojo.com http://twitter.com/funimation/status/8372575077

A lot of updating is going on at Funimation forums. http://community.funimation.com/

Last edited by chrisc1978 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:55 am Reply with quote
chrisc1978 wrote:

Um, all I see is that they're changing the name? We knew it was "coming" already.

Well good... Shodojo was a horrible name that meant nothing to most people. And worse, the proper way to pronounce it was highly ambiguous.
Hopefully they changed it to something unique AND meaningful.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3