• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Survey: K-ON's Mio, Reborn's Hibari are #1 Bride, Groom

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OrangeVision

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:22 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure if I'm turning gay or something, but the groom side has definetly better pickings than the bride side.
Myaow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:44 am Reply with quote
So the ladies have been holding a torch for the same characters for years, while the guys once again have hopped onto the newest, shiniest and most moe characters (mostly from the last two seasons). INSERT SCATHING SOCIAL COMMENTARY HERE.

It probably also says something that Ichigo is the only fella out of the eligible-bachelor lineup who isn't likely to strangle the Mrs. in her sleep for no reason. Where have all the Kaminas gone?

(PS- My vote goes to Baccano!'s Claire Standtfield. That would be the happiest and most wholesome union ever.)
cnet128

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:09 am Reply with quote
Why anybody would want to marry Hibari is quite beyond me. Even if you're not Mio, attempting to associate with that guy is a fast-track ticket to an early grave. I suppose all females must just be masochists at heart...

As ever, Hitsugaya's popularity continues to baffle me.

Of those top ten females, I think I'd have to go for Azusa myself, though Yuki is also an appealing (if a little odd) option.

Myaow wrote:
It probably also says something that Ichigo is the only fella out of the eligible-bachelor lineup who isn't likely to strangle the Mrs. in her sleep for no reason.

Now, now... I don't even know half the characters in the list, and I can still see that Ichigo isn't the only one who isn't likely to do that. For all Hitsugaya's failings, I don't think random violence towards women is one of them... and Tsuna is the friendliest little guy you're likely to meet. (I think the girls who picked him may be a little more sane than the ones who went for Hibari or Mukuro... ><)

Last edited by cnet128 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:12 am Reply with quote
Well, I can't say I'm surprised about Hitsugaya's ranking. He is the most popular character in Bleach, after all. And he follows in the tradition of HxH's Killua as the young prodigy.

And then there's this:

cnet128

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:20 am Reply with quote
Surely Tsuna is the perfect candidate for the shota lovers, though. He's a far more epic shota than Hitsugaya will ever be, and far cooler (and a nicer guy) to boot.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:26 am Reply with quote
asahina mikuru is not on that list that suck but Mio Akiyama is still good
cnet128

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:31 am Reply with quote
Ahahah. Can't argue with the logic of Yuki owning Mikuru in terms of popularity ^_~
bleuster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:44 am Reply with quote
That list is crazy!
Mugi-chan is way more waifu material than Mio.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:48 am Reply with quote
cnet128 wrote:
Ahahah. Can't argue with the logic of Yuki owning Mikuru in terms of popularity ^_~

Yep. Yuki is the superior choice.
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:07 pm Reply with quote
I get more of a kick out of Mikuru myself.

I'm mildly surprised at how low Sheryl is on the list. Man Mio's popular. I haven't watched much K-on, but I'm still amazed by it (I like too, but nothing new there).

It's also interesting to see that there haven't been many new male characters of interest lately, it seems.

As for the whole "not real" thing, we can apparently buy into the fate of the galaxy resting in the hands of these characters and even be moved by their passing, but the second we think of them as mental dating material, suddenly we're crazy. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
cnet128

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:15 pm Reply with quote
bleuster wrote:
That list is crazy!
Mugi-chan is way more waifu material than Mio.

...I endorse this remark.

(And not just for the Reverse Tama-no-Koshi factor)

Renaisance Otaku wrote:
It's also interesting to see that there haven't been many new male characters of interest lately, it seems.

I get the feeling it's more that the female fans tend to stick to one character and never let go >< (...No matter how misguided that loyalty may be ~~) That and the fact that there are only so many Dracos In Leather Pants you can have before the market is well and truly saturated.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
So the ladies have been holding a torch for the same characters for years, while the guys once again have hopped onto the newest, shiniest and most moe characters (mostly from the last two seasons). INSERT SCATHING SOCIAL COMMENTARY HERE.

Well its true that only 2 girls from last year make a repeat appearance, its also true that half of the characters are from older or longer running series too. So its not just the "newest, shiniest and most moe characters" thing (alot 3 do fit that and #1 is that) so I think it has more to do that its a close race in some spots and those from older series mean more. But I don't know, I don't know the stats so I could be wrong.

But yeah, Yuki and Rukia.
sakuramusicstar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quote
YAY HIBARI YOU'RE NUMBER 1!!!!! I would marry you too!!! Congratulations to all the Reborn! who made it on the list!!!!!!!

I'm a huge Reborn! fan!!!
Axlish

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Well dang, seriously? Hibari? Of all the characters, Hibari? He's pretty, but definitely not groom material. In fact, it doesn't look like many of the guys are really groom material. I guess looks and fighting skills matter most.
mufurc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:09 pm Reply with quote
nagato316 wrote:
While I realize this poll and its results are meant to be taken as light and harmless fun, the one reason I shudder is because I wonder if, among the participants, there was anybody of a similar mindset to that otaku in Japan who tried to petition for an marriage license to wed Mikuru Asahina of TMoHS last year.

I don't think that petition was particularly serious, either...

But yeah, Ichigo is pretty much the only one on the list who would actually make a good husband. (As far as wives go, I'd rather have Orihime, even if it means I'd have to cook.) Then again, people obviously answered on the basis of "I THINK S/HE'S HOT" and not "I think s/he'd really make a great wife/husband."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4