• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
VA Alias requests.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:16 am Reply with quote
I suggest that the following profiles be merged because they are the same person:

David Lucas and Daniel Andrews should be listed as aliases under Steven Jay Blum.

Jennifer Sekiguchi, Lulu Chiang, and Tiffany Hsieh should be listed as aliases under Stephanie Sheh

Kate Davis should be listed as an alias under Kate Higgins

T. Axelrod (with a period) should be listed as an alias under Taliesin Jaffe. All of T. Axelrod's roles should be transferred to the alias T Axelrod (without a period), already an alias of Taliesin Jaffe.

Kevin Hatcher should be listed as an alias under Johnny Yong Bosch

Taylor Henry should be listed as an alias under Jamieson Price

Karen Thompson should be listed as an alias under Megan Hollingshead.

Alfred Thor and Russell Thor should be listed as aliases under Michael Forest.

Ethan Murray should be listed as an alias under Ezra Weisz.

Jane Alan should be listed as an alias under Mari Devon.

Francis C. Cole should be listed as an alias under Paul St. Peter.

Kurt Strauss should be listed as an alias under Kim Strauss.

Ivan Buckley should be listed as an alias under John Snyder.

Note that I am serious about this. VAs deserve to have one page about them with all their aliases in it, not multiple ones making you think Steven Jay Blum and David Lucas sound alike yet are different people when they are actually the same person.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:40 am Reply with quote
In the case of some they have specifically requested that their aliases not be linked (to the point of denying outright that they are the same person) and I think Blum was principal among them.
Some sort of proof (other than "they sound the same") is generally requested also, and you may find them already listed in the existing Duplicate Persons thread anyway, especially since there is a backlog.

[edit]
PS: if you search this forum for "blum lucas" there are at least 5 threads about him specifically already.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Y'know, I don't care what you have to say. I just think it's weird to have two separeate profiles for the same person based on alias. You just don't want all the VA info in one page, I just know it.

And thanks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1