• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Media Blasters New Title Solicitations (May '09).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
braves

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:40 pm Reply with quote
From here and credit to Vicserr from AoD for posting it.

* Doujin Work Vol.# 3
* Night Head Genesis Vol.# 5
* Voltron: Fleet of Doom (The Movie)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hannish Lightning

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Did MB drop moribito? This is the first time I bought the singles instead of the waiting for a boxset and this is going to be the last time. There's no excuse to take this long to release a show that's already finished.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Hannish Lightning wrote:
Did MB drop moribito? This is the first time I bought the singles instead of the waiting for a boxset and this is going to be the last time. There's no excuse to take this long to release a show that's already finished.
These should help you out:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-02-05/media-blasters-delays-voltron-to-march-others-to-later

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-02-20/diamond-cancels-some-march-anime/manga-related-orders

The series isn't dropped, but regrettably trying to get the third volume out has been a challenge.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
The series isn't dropped, but regrettably trying to get the third volume out has been a challenge.

C'mon baby, don't you dare quit on me!

Still no word of Genshiken 2, damn. Do they even still have the license?
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Generic #757858 wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:

C'mon baby, don't you dare quit on me!
Well, for me, I'm not too particularly worried about Volume 3 (at least too much, since I have to wait until after that's out for the rest to come out Anime hyper) since I already got the six-disc Special Edition Collection with Episodes 1-10. XP

Still, it is a little frustrating and sad that one volume can't seem to get out on the market, especially for collectors of a series that can't watch it on TV anymore.
braves

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:22 pm Reply with quote
The situation with Moribito is a lot more confusing than it should. According to someone who spoke to a rep, the reason that it hasn't gotten released is because Geneon hasn't given them the masters yet to rest of the series yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Richard J.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Generic #757858 wrote:
Still no word of Genshiken 2, damn. Do they even still have the license?
The current assumption is that they are delaying Genshiken 2 and Ikkitousen: Dragon Destiny until they've finished releasing the series they are putting out now. Something to do with not wanting too many things out at once competing for limited shelf space. (Personally I just wish they'd lose the license to IVery HappyD since they didn't get back NGP or the original English cast.)

Basically wait a couple of months and you should hear something about these shows.
tarrin4ever

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm suprised there's no mention of the new Berserk release, the remastered boxset.
braves

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:01 am Reply with quote
tarrin4ever wrote:
I'm suprised there's no mention of the new Berserk release, the remastered boxset.

That's because it's already been released....
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:17 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know what is the current situation with Moribito vol. 3 and the series in general? According to the site where I preordered it still hasn't been released.
braves

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:13 am Reply with quote
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:33 am Reply with quote
Jeesh. I hope that the rest of the volumes at least come out more smoothly. Too bad that it's in the same order as Death Note vol. 9 Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1