• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Best of 04 summer preview???

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:11 am Reply with quote
Anyone here have an opinion on what may be the best 04 summer anime based on this: animenewsnetwork.com/feature.php?id=178

I'm personally looking forward to MONSTER.

Midori No Hibi looks extremely funny. I get the feeling this will reminds me of Furi Kuri despite having no relation (I think)

In anycase, what are you looking toward in this summer of 04?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:42 am Reply with quote
None of them are making me fall in love head over hills for them, but my favorites on the list are Aishiteruze Baby, and Midori no Hibi. Only seen one ep of teeny witches, and I'm thinking about downloading some more. Naruto and FMA are still in the supreme spot on my download list it seems.

Midori no Hibi... oi, this show is on such great crack. It seemed to me to get better on ep 4 *loves the little imagined movies*. It's no where near as crazy or hyper as FLCL, but you're watching it, and every so often you get a kick of out realising what you're watching. "Heh... this is crazy, I'm watching a show about a guy with a girl for a hand" 20 minutes laters "Heh... this is crazy, I'm watching..." the show amuses me quite a bit, but then I'm told by some I'm rather easily entertained.
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Monster looks promising. (unfortunetly i don't download fansubs,thus i have yet to see this semi acclaimed series.)

BAKURETSU TENSHI is another one i would bet on, and not because it's produced by gonzo either. I find the synopsis right up my alley.

And for something different i would check out Teeny witches.
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Monster sounds appealing, but just barely. I'm more interested in this year's remake of Area 88, although I've heard that they changed Shin Kazama's character design.

Oh, and by the way, what is with the plethora of Gonzo stuff? And, while I'm asking, what's with the plethora of boring repetitive Gonzo stuff?
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:45 pm Reply with quote
I dunno... after watching some of Bakuretsu Tenshi, I'm starting to lose my faith in them a bit. Confused

Well, they can't all be a "Last Exile", but they really need to work on their writing skills.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
gnollman

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to Midori no Hibi, myself....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1