• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Games into Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BKLegacy518

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:30 am Reply with quote
What games have you played, would you like to see in an Anime movie or Series???
mine would be:

Xenogears
Disgaea
Valkyrie Profile
Metal Gear Solid
Guilty Gear
FF Tactics

Get at Me
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:35 am Reply with quote
While FFT is a great game, I don't think it would be good as an anime - the story is so convoluted... Scratch that, FFT would make a great anime. Some other good ones would be Actraiser, Blaster Master, and Metroid.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:53 am Reply with quote
Full Metal Alchemist
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Lupin III
SD Gundam
Tsukihime
Yami to Boushi to Hon to Tabibito

...waitaminute...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:53 am Reply with quote
Perfect Dark(FPS shooter from the N64 days)
Resident Evil/Biohazard and Silent Hill
Metal Gear Solid(any of them)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:59 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Tsukihime
Yami to Boushi to Hon to Tabibito

...waitaminute...

Yeah, those last two were games first. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:18 am Reply with quote
Actually, they're all both games & anime. Granted, SD Gundam, Lupin, & Full Metal Alchemist were anime to begin with, they still already exist in both incarnations and their game forms aren't too terribly unpopular. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
BKLegacy518

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:18 am Reply with quote
Metroid would be a hot anime series

What about :
Phantasy Star
Soul Calibur
Shinobi
Ninja Gaiden
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:21 am Reply with quote
Final Fantasy VI. This can be another test of whether the producers are capable of releasing a GOOD Final Fantasy series without screwing it up. Confused
BKLegacy518

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:32 am Reply with quote
I hope Advent Children is good
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:36 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Actually, they're all both games & anime. Granted, SD Gundam, Lupin, & Full Metal Alchemist were anime to begin with, they still already exist in both incarnations and their game forms aren't too terribly unpopular. Wink

I was well aware that they are both, I just wanted to point out the fact that while the others spun off games, the two I singled out actually fit the subject line a bit more, seeing as they did turn into anime... Of course between the two, I think people are looking forward to a probable license to the Tsukihime anime... although there is pretty much no way we'll see the game in North America. It looks fairly plain and I doubt many people would be jumping on the bandwagon for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 3:25 am Reply with quote
C'mon, we know the real answer is a series of movies based on the Koji Igarashi era Castlevania games, namely Symphony of the Night, Harmony of Dissonance, Aria of Sorrow, and Lament of Sorrow.

C'mon, between Igarashi's astonishing sense of movement and direction (plus him and his team's great stories), Ayami Kojima's artwork (especially her ultra luscious character desgins), and Michiru Yamane's compositions you'd have the next big thing for folks to go nuts over.

All of it animated by Madhouse, naturally.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 3:39 am Reply with quote
Naturally, although I can't help but wonder if it wouldn't feel like a VHD clone at first. Wink

Actually, with the creativity at hand, I can see why you would go in this direction. I love the way that Igarashi has moved the series. He's put such a spin and tale on it, it practically feels like he's the true creator of it all.

I love it when writers take a simple concept and spin a deep and darker tale around the whole thing.
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 3:54 am Reply with quote
Time Crisis (3rd one would be my pick, 2nd a close....2nd.)
Hosue of the Dead (A DECENT Version, not all this (CENSORED) combo Teen Slasher/Matrix FX (CENSORED) the (CENSORED) did with his horrible render.)
Firefighter F.D. 18
BloodRayne
Final Fantasy X or X-2. (Money's on X-2.)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
SOCOM
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:10 am Reply with quote
This is my kind of topic BKlegacy Cool

There's no doubt that there is a heavy tie-in relationship between videogames and anime, as both seem to help market the other. Now if i had my way, here's what i would have picked in top order;

1.Resident Evil/Biohazard; The first Videogame series that scared the s**t outta me. I would love to see a side story that dwells further into Umbrella's shady secrets, and not to mention the explanation of Wesker's "ressurection".

2.Metal Gear Solid; The first videogame that really got me into this hobby was the original NES version back in the late 80's. Snake Pliss..er, i mean Solid Snake would kick ass in an anime series. And if David Hayter is doing the voiceovers, i'm sold!

3.Castlevania;Forget the commercial mess that is VanHellsing,The belmonts were among the coolest of Vampire hunters and a anime would do the Konami franchise justice.

4.Contra; A videogame series inspired by Sci-fi films like Aliens
is a hands down favorite for becoming an anime...funny that Konami has a lame TV series based on their mecha game Zone of the Elders, but ignored the aforementioned games that were more popular among the gaming masses. GHo figure. Confused

5.Devil may Cry; The game's bad ass protagonist is sorta a cross between Hellsing's Alucard and Marvel comics' Blade.

6.Onimusha; Laughing Kenshin meets Night of the living dead.

7.Bloodrayne would be another option, hey if they can make an lame american computer game (SIN) into an anime, anything is possible. Wink

8.Shinobi; before Ninja gaiden's Ryu haybusa was Joe Musatshi.
It should be based on the previous games like Revenge of shinobi and shinobi 3. I didn't really care much for the PS2 release.

9.There's this old game for the Sega genesis called Dynamite Duke.Although many did not care for the game, i feel that this character would be better served as an anime. (Love the dynamite punch!)Cute concept; a cross between the six million dollar man and Schwartzenegger's Commando.

and number 10. *drumroll please..*

Armored Core, sure anime is saturated with mecha based stories but one more couldn't hurt. It's like Gundam with the gundamness, Wink and after all the designs for the Game's mecha was done by the fellow who was responsible for Marcoss.

On the flipside, anime that would make a good videogame..well i'll get at ya l8tr. Cool
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:47 am Reply with quote
Other then the ones mentioned:

Shadow hearts. I have a thing for stories that take place in past, especially around the 1920s. The game was slightly boring, but it had Yasunori Mitsuda working on the music, and the story wasn't that bad. It could easily be made into an anime.

Silent Hill and or Siren - ... I just want this so I can piss my pants in fright while watching an anime, but it makes me wonder if they'd be able to make it as scary in anime form.

Tenchu - I luv ninjas.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2