• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(semi OT) Anime in Paper sort of

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hotaru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:51 pm Reply with quote
I was in English today looking through newspapers, and I can't remember which one it was, but it was either the Staten Island Advance or the New York Times that had this article with a small bit of anime mentioned:

An Asian Invasion

The successful new horror film "The Ring" is a remake of a cult Japanese movie, and may be the start of a trend.\
Movie studios are now snapping up the rights to Far Eastern titles and pairing them with talent like Tom Cruise, who will produce a remake of Hong Kong's "The Eye" for Paramount, and Robert DeNiro, who will produce Universal's adaption of the Japanese thriller, "Chaos."
Warner Bros., meanwhile, is poised to remake the animated classic "Akira".
Source: Entertainment Weekly

Eh, it's not really about anime huh. Oh well, I just figured I would point it out at least.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ANIME115

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:53 pm Reply with quote
another article on the ring was posted in the premiere issue of newtype usa Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1