• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: U.S. Dragonball Film Site Launches with Updated Trailer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:44 am Reply with quote
I'm going to watch this with a belly full of vodka and laugh my ass off.

I kind of can't wait to see it.
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:56 am Reply with quote
make sure ya got a bucket zac, for the alcohol induced vomit
SSJERION

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:15 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I have been waiting for a live action Dragonball for years so I'm just happy I can finally see it. Whether its "good" or not does not matter. This will lead people that don't know about anime or Dragonball to the anime so that's good. Let's watch it then complain. And the one handed Kamehameha is nothing new. I can think of two times it has been used in the series. So there is nothing to complain about there. It does not really matter because the ones that hate it will end up seeing it because they can't resist so its all good. The movie will get its attention.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:18 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
I'm going to watch this with a belly full of vodka and laugh my ass off.

I kind of can't wait to see it.

I'm sure that'll be pleasant for the rest of the movie-goers. Do you get popcorn with that? Sour Patch Kids?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
The Xenos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:35 am Reply with quote
What the hell? Why does Joker have scars and messy make up? Why's his face all black? That's not the Joker! This movie looks terrible. And Harvey Dent? Even if he becomes Two Face that's pretty lame. Plus where's Robin? How can you have Batman without Robin? Bah. This new Batman film's gonna suck.
Wink
(I almost was going to faux complain about Spider-man 3, but I thought that was a terrible adaption. Hell, Gwen Stacy's crappy treatment alone.)
sykoeent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:42 am Reply with quote
Wow... emo Goku with ZERO EXPRESSION!!!.... No wonder why FOX was trying to hold up Watchmen.... Good job FOX!!! You created a new "Fail/Suck" word... "FOX". If I screw something up, now I will just say, "Aww, I FOX'd it up!" or when I'm telling someone off, "HEY MAN, FOX you!" Or when I'm dropping one in the toilet... "WOW, now that was a big FOX!"
No wonder George Lucas left you guys! I know you guys read these forums... and let me just say, when you're at the theatre, and this trailer comes up and you hear all those "boo's", I'm the one who started it. Have a good day, a FOX you, FOX! FOX you!!!
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:51 am Reply with quote
Why call it DB, when it's really a remake of Big Trouble in Little China? Rolling Eyes

leftbehind: Man, the film almost looks good until that twin fight. Whoever came up with that idea should get fired. Seriously, shouldn't this be more appropriately released on April 1, so they have time to make a real movie? Laughing

Unit: Nope. The chick playing Chun Li is hotter. Crying or Very sad

Terrier: I think Toriyama's embarrassed enough over Blue Dragon.
Wink Also, Astro Boy doesn't look like teh suck just yet, so I'm crossing my fingers on that one.

Zac: Vodka won't do it. You need some scotch and a beer keg.

Xenos: Um, no one thought TDK strayed from Batman. They thought the Schumacher stuff strayed from Batman; so DB falls into that same style of hackery. As for Spider-Man 3, well, I actually liked it. But then I'm more familiar with the comics, and Peter does pull that primadonna crap at times. But then the only Marvel adaptations which suck for me are the 70s Captain America and the Roger Corman Fantastic Four.

syko: FOX held up Watchmen, because it had the rights to it. Whether or not you like it, WB is legally entitled to pay the original owners of the property. And from what I hear, they're awful at paying the creator of Watchmen, too. Also, Lucas never worked for FOX. He had a distribution deal for the live-action Star Wars, and produced it with his own company. It's ironic that you bring him up, too, since FOX was the only studio willing to take a chance on Star Wars back then.

On an unrelated note, every time I hear Piccolo say "With this dragonball...", I can't but help add "I thee wed" to the end! Laughing

Edit: My favorite part about DB is the way FOX has already disowned it. They don't even show pics of it in previews of magazines! It's not too late to change your name to Alan Smithee, Jamie-boy...
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:05 am Reply with quote
I'm still gonna wait to rent & watch it when it is released to DVD, not gonna waste my money to see it at the movie theaters.
GeneralArrow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:42 am Reply with quote
God you people are to whiny. It looks fun. I think its gona be awesome. Twisted Evil
Jarmel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:08 am Reply with quote
The Xenos wrote:
What the hell? Why does Joker have scars and messy make up? Why's his face all black? That's not the Joker! This movie looks terrible. And Harvey Dent? Even if he becomes Two Face that's pretty lame. Plus where's Robin? How can you have Batman without Robin? Bah. This new Batman film's gonna suck.
Wink
(I almost was going to faux complain about Spider-man 3, but I thought that was a terrible adaption. Hell, Gwen Stacy's crappy treatment alone.)

Actually alot of the fanbase died down when they saw the trailer and how Ledger looked. I don't know anybody who actually wanted Robin in any of the Nolan movies(especially after the travesty known as Batman and Robin).
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:31 am Reply with quote
BTW, ANN should try to barter a free advanced screening in exchange for banner ads. I really wanna see Justin's take on it. Laughing
Hullut Sisarukset

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:19 am Reply with quote
Oh my God.
It took immense willpower to even watch the trailer, let alone the whole movie O_O This thing seems to be going far beyond the my wildest spectaculations. (And believe me, they've been wild!) How is it even possible to sink this low? Where is Goku and who is that guy they named after him? (He said "cool"!! "COOL"!?! ToT)
That trailer is going to return in my nightmares. Actually, I think I'm having a seizure already...
DBthemovie.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:54 am Reply with quote
GeneralArrow wrote:
God you people are to whiny. It looks fun. I think its gona be awesome. Twisted Evil

It does look immensely fun. That's what the anime was, and that's what the movie will be. The color of someone's skin or hair was not the reason I watched the anime. Very Happy
BDK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:46 am Reply with quote
As much as I wanted to give this movie a chance, every single time I see a new trailer I just get a bad feeling in my stomach. This won't be regarded by critics, or fans.

and don't even lie to yourself "This movie is going to be good" people. Your not fooling anyone.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Jarmel wrote:
The Xenos wrote:
Wink

Actually alot of the fanbase died down when they saw the trailer and how Ledger looked. I don't know anybody who actually wanted Robin in any of the Nolan movies(especially after the travesty known as Batman and Robin).

Exactly, with the unveiling of the trailer for TDK, the majority of the fanbase had their worst fears put to rest, while on the other hand with the unveiling of the DB trailer the fanbase had their worst fears realized and then some. You can't even compare the two, it's like comparing night and day. Face it, the fans had a legitimate reason to be apprehensive from the very start and as more and more changes more and more pictures and the eventual trailer turned up, there has been absolutely NOTHING that has been presented to make us feel otherwise.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4