• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Fullmetal Alchemist TV Anime to Premiere in April

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailorsean

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:03 am Reply with quote
OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!!! THIS IS EPIC!!!!!

This show will defiantly be on everyone's list I can tell u that for sure!!!

I do hope Funimation licenses this but not when its airing, otherwise it'll cost a at least a billion for this a show... and It would piss off ALOT of fans that they already did when they licensed Shikabane Hime.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:16 am Reply with quote
I am so f***ing excited Very Happy! I won't be watching the RAW or SUB of this ever though, so I'll have to wait and hope that it A) gets english dubbed and B) it gets picked up by FUNimation Anime smile.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:06 am Reply with quote
Oh my pizza! I'm gonna have to tell Christine about this! Yeah, my friend's a FMA geek.
pparker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:31 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
New series is Ed and Al owning a pharmacy in 1940s Germany.

Fullmetal Pharmacist.

LOL!

I do hope they don't just remake the series. Not that I know how much is different from the manga, but the series was great. So, come on, let's have all new of the same goodness.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:55 am Reply with quote
Jarmel wrote:
Yes I know, they need time for the hype machine, but one can hope for a surprise no matter how unlikely.

By the way have they mentioned yet how they are going to handle this(in regards to continuing the series)?

No, you keep misunderstanding. They don't need any hype, they need time to actually DRAW, VOICE ACT, PRODUCE the show. Getting it out any sooner would give you a third rate shittly done piece of crap, and I'm sure that's not what BONES is aiming for.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:57 am Reply with quote
I am still not sure what I feel about this. I am a big fan of the manga and I am one of those fans who actually likes it more then the anime. Part of me thinks it would be cool to see the manga story animated (if that is what they are doing with this new series).

However another part of me was content with having the anime and manga as two separate stories. It's going to be weird to have two different fullmetal alchemist anime series.
Westlo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:21 am Reply with quote
Shotaro wrote:
April? Umm..April Fool's joke much? I dunno..

April is when the Spring Anime Season starts and is the major anime season along with October/Fall. Also Gundam 00 Season 2 will finish up and this new FMA will pretty much take it's timeslot.

IIRC the previous FMA series outrated Gundam 00's first season when they were both aired in the Dokuro time slot.

doctordoom85 wrote:
And even though the manga is still ongoing, I highly doubt the anime will catch up. By the time this comes out, the manga will be at chapter 93 (and remember, these chapters are monthly with about 40 pages). So it would take the anime at least 80-90 weeks to catch up to ch. 93, and by then the manga will most likely have concluded already.

Like it's been said the manga looks like ending really soon, also when you have shows like A Certain Magical Index doing entire light novels in 3 episodes I'm sure they can go through 1.5-3 chapters of manga material per episode. I'm not exactly expecting Bones to pace this similar to Soul Eater.... for obvious reasons..
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:54 am Reply with quote
With a host of extra episodes being made, the prospect of deciding to watch FMA appears even more time-consuming. I think I'll pass.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:58 am Reply with quote
it doesn't look like a continuation to me judging by the teaser (even though i really couldn't tell much of what was going on since for some reason it was all choppy for me Confused ...). unless the teaser was some kind of flashback or something like that, i still wonder if it still might have all new characters with a different plot and what-not. or atleast a new one that some how ties in with the old plot. i just can't see how, or why, they could be able to make a second series by just rewinding the first one back to a certain point, almost like the stuff that happened after that point never existed. but then it is just a teaser, so im sure when it comes out all my questions will be answered. anyways, i'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this Anime catgrin and hopefully a better teaser/trailer might come out sometime before April.
Amikitty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:15 am Reply with quote
MetatronM wrote:
The art of Mustang in the trailer makes it very very clear that this is not a continuation of the previous series.

mufurc wrote:
He doesn't look that different. Also, it may be simply a case of a different character designer or something. Anyway, I suppose we'll find out on the 12th.

It's not the character design. Roy spoiler[lost his eye] at the end of the original TV series. It's pretty obvious it's not the sequel to it.
darcerin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:20 am Reply with quote
YES! YES! YES!!!!!

I'm so so so thrilled about this. This was the last anime series that got me excited waiting for and watching it. I can't wait for more!!
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:30 am Reply with quote
All I can say is, super special awesome! Very Happy

I don't care if it's a reboot or a remake or a sequel or whatever, it'll be awesome, because it's FMA.
Westlo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:32 am Reply with quote
Amikitty wrote:
MetatronM wrote:
The art of Mustang in the trailer makes it very very clear that this is not a continuation of the previous series.

mufurc wrote:
He doesn't look that different. Also, it may be simply a case of a different character designer or something. Anyway, I suppose we'll find out on the 12th.

It's not the character design. Roy spoiler[lost his eye] at the end of the original TV series. It's pretty obvious it's not the sequel to it.

Yep, it's going to get the Hellsing Ultimate treatment, except as a tv series instead of OVAs. I really wouldn't mind this happening a lot more, a redone Claymore in 3 years time that fixes that travesty of an ending would be nice for example.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:52 am Reply with quote
Personally, in this case, I wouldn't mind Bones breaking from tradition and doing a 78 or 104-episode series (3-4 seasons, instead of 1-2). This has already proven itself to be an anime/manga that has stood the test of time (as evidenced by the fact that there even IS a FMA2). The manga is just so rich, and it deserves to be told in full.

Also, I chuckled when the announcer on the teaser tried to say the name in English. "Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: FURUMETARU ARUKIMISUTO!"

EDIT: Also, the art style, specifically the eyes, is a lot closer to the manga than the original anime.
Doctor Worm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:05 am Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
Amikitty wrote:
MetatronM wrote:

mufurc wrote:

Yep, it's going to get the Hellsing Ultimate treatment, except as a tv series instead of OVAs. I really wouldn't mind this happening a lot more, a redone Claymore in 3 years time that fixes that travesty of an ending would be nice for example.

Next up: Fruits Basket and Rurouni Kenshin.

Don't really care which one gets their proper remake first.. so long as they both get it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8