• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inuyasha Confirmed to End Next Wednesday in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the_seventh_l

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Majin Tenshi wrote:
That's good news. I hope that the we'll get an OVA/Movie or even better another TV season to conclude the anime.

An OVA made by the same people who made Tsubasa's Tokyo Revelations OVA would be beyond awesome Very Happy
Ladymage Samiko

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Laughing I'm getting a kick out of the fact that while everyone wants to know how it ends, only a very few people have actually been reading it. (For the record, I haven't been reading it either.) I have half a feeling that a finished Inu Yasha will bring about some cataclysmic event. It just never seemed possible.
ShugoYotsuba

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:31 pm Reply with quote
It's about time it ended, Let's just hope it doesn't end the same way Ranma 1/2 did, Maybe we'll get an OVA for it!!
Speaking of which we should commission them to do an alternate storyline where Ranma marries Ukyo Kuonji
MagicallyDelicious

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:33 pm Reply with quote
WOW! This is the most shocking news I've heard in years. I skipped about 150-200 chapters in the middle (it didn't seem to really make much of a difference.. lol) but I've been following it again recently. I expected the ending soon, but not one more chapter!

I just read the newest chapter from today and spoiler[the way the Shikon no Tama was wished away was kind of lame.. just telling it to disappear.. lol] but I was glad to see spoiler[Kagome and Inuyasha holding each other...].

Inuyasha was my first anime and manga, so it's special to me.. even if it has dragged on forever. I hope she gives it a happy ending, since right now it's in a good spot for that...

I'm part of the faction that's been wishing for an anime conclusion, and I've been hoping we'd hear news after the manga ended....
matthewlow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:40 pm Reply with quote
It's sad to see it disappear as I have been keeping up with the summaries, though waiting for Viz to actually read it (HAH... that'll take years...).

I'd probably only be satisfied with a good ending that wraps up all loose ends... and to continue the anime as there's at least two seasons worth of material, possibly three, though stretching. Anyone to say that Inuyasha had an ending... well it didn't, really, so you can't call it a bad ending. Sort of like Kare Kano.

Though to be honest, I would have loved to see an additional volume where all the loose ends are patched up, perhaps some high school life where Kagome informs Eri/Ayumi/Yuka about the truth, and stuff like that, but oh well... just have to hope this ends well.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:40 pm Reply with quote
I am one of those crazy people who have been keeping up with the manga. Inuyasha was what got me into anime so as much as the series dragged on and I got frustrated with it I couldn't bring myself to stop reading it (which I can't say is true for other long running series).

The battle with Naraku was a huge disappointment but I lost interest in him awhile ago anyways. However that being said the last couple chapters with the Shikon no Tama have reminded me why I was a fan of Inuyasha in the first place. And it makes sense that the Shikon no Tama would be the final enemy not Naraku since the story originally started with the jewel.

Will Takahashi be able to wrap it up in two chapters? I don't see why not since she has already pretty much wrapped everything else up in the story. It might be a little rushed but I doubt there will be any plot threads left hanging.

Now I am just interested to see what Takahashi has planned for after Inuyasha.
cool3865

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:41 pm Reply with quote
to be honest its about time, 11years is a bit too long for just a story. maybe if she killed about 3/4 of the fillers it would of been better
cloud1989

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:41 pm Reply with quote
I used to like inuyasha and then just gradually lost interest till I completely dropped it with the bad anime ending and a manga that seemed to keep going nowhere, I might actually go back and read it now that it is over, with the dragging on being the biggest turnoff.
the_seventh_l

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Wow, so many series ending this year: along with Inuyasha, you've got Bleach, Tsubasa and Naruto entering the last inning (Kekkaishi might soon be going this way).

Wonder what Rumiko-san will do after IY finishes? Knowing her, another project, she's not the type to stay still for long :3
Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:49 pm Reply with quote
I really feel that Takahashi spent way too long on this series, and her talent was a bit wasted on it. Her real knack is for comedy and relationships, not action/adventure. And I think that showed in Inuyasha, which basically spent about eight years running in circles. Once the main cast was assembled, it became a nonstop treadmill of the same two stories:

1-Inuyasha needs to get past a magic barrier, so he goes on a quest to power-up his sword. This involves killing a big ugly monster.

2-Our heroes corner Naraku, almost kill him and almost get the jewel back, but in the end he escapes.

And it really just kept doing that for years. Once I heard it was ending I went back and looked through the last 10 chapters or so, and the story they're doing really could have happened just as easily six or seven years ago. It feels like the plot and characters haven't really progressed at all. The only real change seems to be that Miroku and Sango are a couple now.

I'm happy to see it go. It wasn't a bad series at the start, but it REALLY overstayed its welcome. Hopefully Takahashi's next project will be something funny.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:50 pm Reply with quote
the_seventh_l wrote:
Wow, so many series ending this year: along with Inuyasha, you've got Bleach, Tsubasa and Naruto entering the last inning (Kekkaishi might soon be going this way).

Wonder what Rumiko-san will do after IY finishes? Knowing her, another project, she's not the type to stay still for long :3

Wow I didn't know Bleach and Naruto were that close to ending (although I actually did give up on these series a long time ago).

Well there is always One Piece...I doubt that one will be ending anytime soon. Smile
Nebs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quote
the_seventh_l wrote:

What? I call shenanigans. I don't really follow the Bleach or Naruto Japanese manga, but from what I hear neither is in a place that indicates they'll be ending anytime soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
MagicallyDelicious

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
the_seventh_l wrote:

Wow I didn't know Bleach and Naruto were that close to ending (although I actually did give up on these series a long time ago).

Well there is always One Piece...I doubt that one will be ending anytime soon. Smile

I know this is unrelated, but I think Naruto isn't too close to ending.. another year. A new plot just started up.

I'll just quietly go back to my "I hope for more anime/movie/OVA versions of Inuyasha even though it seems so unlikely" corner...
Kriffix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Ah kinda relieved.
I'm kinda glad it's ending since now Takahashi may go back to the stuff she was truly good at and the legacy she created with stuff like Urusei Yatsura, Ranma1/2 and Maison ikkoku.
Those were all groundbreaking and cannot be replicated by any Manga-ka as of yet. whilst Inuyasha (whilst not bad) was kind of a hop onto the bandwagon genericness type of thing.

I hope One Piece and Naruto go on for another 10 years+!
I love non generic shonen manga! (admittedly Naruto has become increasingly Generic, although recently it's picked up again) I kinda pity the guys stuck watching the anime though ahahha. Stick to the manga!

Last edited by Kriffix on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
the_seventh_l

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Nebs wrote:
the_seventh_l wrote:

What? I call shenanigans. I don't really follow the Bleach or Naruto Japanese manga, but from what I hear neither is in a place that indicates they'll be ending anytime soon.

Open mouth, insert foot. Maybe by next year they'll end, even though in Bleach spoiler[the final battle against Karakura Town is getting ready to start] and in Naruto spoiler[Sasuke is preparing his war against Konoha].

*needs to think more before posting totes*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6