• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
If you could be an anime character (who would you be? why?)

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamuraiPenguin34

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:50 pm Reply with quote
If you could be any anime character, who would you be and why?

personally, i think i would be Himura Kenshin, mainly because he is such an amazing swordsman, yet spoiler[ he always remains level headed and values life more than anything. No matter what he always found a way to accomplish his goals.] a close second would probably have to be trowa barton from gundam wing simply because of his level headed, quiet nature.

i think everyone who has seen anime has related to a character in one way or another... but the question is? who would you be?

*remember to include spoiler tags where necessary, Thanks*
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Kenshiro (Hokuto no Ken-First Series and Movie) Power to kill anyone in one move.

Roaming around looking for Yuria(or Yulia) in a lawless,MADMAX style setting.spoiler[Knowledge of all pressure points and able to cure blindness with my hands.The ability to stand up to anyone while making crazy Bruce Lee noises.Able to pronounce "Thouther" without looking it up(Sowsaa or Sow-Za)]

spoiler[The patience to tolerate Bart(Bat)and Lynn(I would have turned them to guts as soon as I saw them.Ken!..."Wa-tah".10 second struggle..GUTS).To be badass enough to take a 40 story building to the face....and keep walking (and grow a manly beard,Damn that's beard is manly) Very Happy To actually feel sorry for Shin after the ****bag,poked seven holes in your chest and stole your girl.]

I can do this all day,but that's who I'd be.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:09 am Reply with quote
As dumb as I also think this sounds even to myself, I would want to be a kid from Digimon (and I suppose de-age for that too). Granted, I don't want it to be one of the pointless kids (who fight as well as a Magikarp) or late comers, but I think it'd be cool to go on a wilderness survival in a parallell universe with my own little fighting monster and get into all sorts of shanagins (I don't think I spelled that word right), and then do the wilderness+monster thing with other people too.

I wouldn't want to be anyone in Digimon Tamers though because it mostly takes place in the real world, I remeber its inital airing (wow, I think I was still in elemntary school back then) confusing me to no end compared to the first 2 seasons, and I didn't like the use of cards. A character in the 1st, 2nd, or 4th season is fine though. So long as its not in the evil Finnish dub universe...
lordwindowlicker

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:27 am Reply with quote
Harlock: Oh sweet jesus the Arcadia...

Lupin the Third: He hops around the world, doing what he wants.... he's been with Fujiko. Plus, I'd love to sound like Yamada Yasuo.

Kenshiro: Aaatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatata!
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:25 am Reply with quote
Any character who I'd want to be wouldn't necessarily be from a favorite anime of mine (being someone like Keiichi Maebara from Higurashi wouldn't exactly be a fun experience). I thought about being a main character of a harem anime, but seeing how much abuse they often take from the girls who go after them, it probably wouldn't be that pleasant either. I like thrills, but looking through all the anime I like, most of it goes a bit too far. I draw a line between thrills and downright dangerous. So looking through anime characters that probably have the most pleasant and relaxing lives (something that I'd like)...

I would probably be pretty happy living the life Kokoro of Kokoro Library. Yes, they don't get that many visitors that often, but I think I'd be pretty happy having no worries and reading books or going outside to play all the time. Just a little bit of adventure when the occasional guest comes over would be fine for me. Yes, this would be a very relaxing and enjoyable life...
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:22 am Reply with quote
I will agree that I wouldn't want to be in the position that most of my favorite characters are in since most are tortured souls. I actually wouldn't choose anyone whose life is threatened or does not live in comfort. I think it would be nice to live like George from Paradise Kiss or Ryoma from Prince of Tennis would work since they have comfortable lives and people who adore them.
r-18

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:17 am Reply with quote
Negi Springfield:
Because puberty is not that far away.

Seriously though i think being Fujii Yakumo would be very interesting. They had some very intense adventures in 3x3 eyes and being immortal and indestructible sort of has an appeal to an old geek like me.

Yuji Kaido would be nice also even though i did not really like Blue Gender all that much i have always had a thing for the post apocalypse and Marlene Angel would just be a special bonus.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Surprised no one mentioned him yet. I'd of course be Son Goku from Dragon Ball Z because he's a hero, powerful, and certainly one of the most popular and believed anime characters of all time.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:25 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
I would probably be pretty happy living the life Kokoro of Kokoro Library. Yes, they don't get that many visitors that often, but I think I'd be pretty happy having no worries and reading books or going outside to play all the time. Just a little bit of adventure when the occasional guest comes over would be fine for me. Yes, this would be a very relaxing and enjoyable life...

Indeed, and for precisely the same reasons, I wouldn't mind being any of the characters from Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou or Aria (doesn't matter which one, though my avatar Oji-san obviously gets pride of place).

r-18 wrote:
Negi Springfield:
Because puberty is not that far away.

This one made me laugh out loud. Very nice, r-18.

Ctimene's Lover (with emphasis added) wrote:
Surprised no one mentioned him yet. I'd of course be Son Goku from Dragon Ball Z because he's a hero, powerful, and certainly one of the most popular and believed anime characters of all time.

Ahem. You mean "beloved", surely?

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:14 pm Reply with quote
There is some immense appeal in being in being someone from DBZ or a Gundam series. Yeah, your life would undoubtedly be hard but you could do basically whatever you wanted. More so for DBZ but as a Gundam pilot you're almost unstoppable in combat (unless the inevitable teen angst or being a secondary character leads to your downfall).

Basically, being a part of any world like Bleach or Naruto or even a mecha series has a lot of appeal to me just in general. A lot of people would figure that being in mortal peril and having to constantly fight to stay alive wouldn't be a life to voluntarily choose but I think it would be an improvement on many things.

To choose a specific character, The King of En from The Twelve Kingdoms would be awesome to be. Not only do you get to live in one of the coolest worlds but you're the highest of the high class citizens so you only get the positive aspects. Being Lupin the Third would also be amazing.

Kino from Kino's Journey would also be a pretty cool life.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:01 pm Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
PantsGoblin wrote:

Indeed, and for precisely the same reasons, I wouldn't mind being any of the characters from Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou or Aria (doesn't matter which one, though my avatar Oji-san obviously gets pride of place).

- abunai

I would choose Aria myself. I mean being an Undine and taking people on tours of a beautiful water world would be very nice. Simply rowing the gondola nice and calmly enjoying the views and simply being happy. Oh yea, nice indeed. Plus the Mars cats are just cute. That or I'd like to be a friend of Keichi from Oh My Goddess. I'd love to be a part of the motor club and have wacky adventures laced with Goddess mishaps heh.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, this is tough. I've always thought it would be neat to be one of the operator AI ladies in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex; fairly easy work, great benefits, and those little outfits they wear are so cute!

Ultimately, though, I'd very much like to be Lee Bailong from Shaman King. Sure, I'd be a walking corpse, but I think the endless opportunities to grope Jun would more than make up for it. There's one scene where he totally has his hand on her rear and she doesn't even notice. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wizardz199

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quote
1. Light Yamagi/ Kira: Because unlike all the other characters he can destroy his enemies in the cleanest and safest way possible. By writing their names in a notebook that if you write down a persons name in it, they die! the death note... what could be cooler than that?

2. Spike Speigel: His wicked Kung-fu moves and smooth talking ways, makes him another choice I have.

3. Guts: Invincible!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Murasakisuishou wrote:
Ultimately, though, I'd very much like to be Lee Bailong from Shaman King. Sure, I'd be a walking corpse, but I think the endless opportunities to grope Jun would more than make up for it. There's one scene where he totally has his hand on her rear and she doesn't even notice. Cool

You know Hako, another option could be either Anna or Tamao so that you could be the potential love interest of your fangirl crush, right? Wink And hey, I could so totally be your Yoh as well! Anime smile

Heh, actually Yoh is just one of many of my favorite characters that honestly, I really wouldn't want to be them because quite frankly, their lives suck pretty badly. Laughing Although there are a couple of my favorite characters I'd love to be any day. Luffy from One Piece being one, Goku from the Dragonball universe being the other. Both are very carefree and fun loving in nature, but at the same time are able to be as strong and dependable on as they are. Other characters that fall under this group (Yoh being one of them) just have too many problems in their life to want to have to put up with, and Goku and Luffy are the only ones I can think of that don't have those burdens. Wink

Another I could probably think of though is Shikamaru from Naruto. Wouldn't you just love to be that lazy and still be able to be that smart at the same time? Anime hyper
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:47 pm Reply with quote
wizardz199 wrote:
1. Light Yamagi/ Kira: Because unlike all the other characters he can destroy his enemies in the cleanest and safest way possible. By writing their names in a notebook that if you write down a persons name in it, they die! the death note... what could be cooler than that?

You need to schedule an appointment with a psychiatrist, ASAP.

- abunai
Follow this discussion to see why I put it so bluntly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4