• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Magical Girl and The Evil Lieutenant Used to Be Archenemies Manga Review

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2024 12:04 pm Reply with quote
I will for sure get the manga, both because I loved the anime and because I loved Cocoa Fujiwara's work.
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2024 1:09 pm Reply with quote
I will for sure pick up the manga when I can I really loved the anime Studio Bones did a really good job.
lolechka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2024 4:19 am Reply with quote
Quote:
She could be between fifteen and eighteen, while Mira's age remains unstated, allowing viewers to make assumptions. (I thought he was around twenty.) But the manga explicitly states their ages: Byakuya is fifteen or sixteen (she and fellow magical girl Hibana were in the same class at one point, and Hibana is fifteen),

The anime DID almost explicitly state Byakuya's age. In the episode when Hibana appears she states she's fifteen (or 18 if you watch the official Russian dub), and they say that she was in the same class as Byakuya.

Quote:
As I mentioned before, the manga goes beyond what was adapted and embarks on a new storyline where Byakuya is captured by the evil organization (not Mira, specifically) and imprisoned in a tower for torture (by Mira, specifically). Mira, needless to say, is not good at this, and the situation quickly devolves into their happy “married” life, with everyone else assuming that he's taking his time doing terrible things to her.

So episode 5?
OwenRussell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2024 8:01 am Reply with quote
I will go for manga too.
FishLion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2024 12:27 pm Reply with quote
So grateful there is even a little more, thanks to Bones for making the show and thanks to y'all for covering it
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2024 12:41 pm Reply with quote
I haven't read any of her work but fell in love with the anime immediately. This is now on my must buy list. I've also watched her other work Inu X Boku Secret Service and am curious if the manga was better then the anime adaptation, (thought the anime was just okay).
harminia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2024 7:00 pm Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
I've also watched her other work Inu X Boku Secret Service and am curious if the manga was better then the anime adaptation, (thought the anime was just okay).

I can't remember how far it is after the content anime adapted that it happens but the manga has a massive MASSIVE twist that changes the entire manga partway through.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1