• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Krafton's PUBG Studios Agrees to Develop Palworld Mobile Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2024 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Awkward time to ink this deal
Doubleclouder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2024 7:52 am Reply with quote
I'm more getting the impression nobody really cares about the Nintendo's lawsuit at the end of the day, at least not outside of Japan. Everyone is going about business as usual. Which is probably the best course of action to take for the team. Either way, I'm glad to see Palworld expanding more.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2024 8:29 am Reply with quote
Countdown to these goons getting sued for ripping off Pokemon Go.
power moon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2024 8:56 am Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Countdown to these goons getting sued for ripping off Pokemon Go.

Doubtful, this seems to be a Mobile Adaptation of the Main Game, not an AR Spin-Off.
i got the shivers!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:16 am Reply with quote
Yeah, it sounds like they're going to do what they did with PUBG and make a mobile version of the game. Not surprising since the mobile version of PUBG is a lot more popular and makes more money than the PC/Console version does so there's a huge market to tap into with mobile. Although it would be really funny if they did do the Pal Go thing and just trolled Nintendo at this point Laughing
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:23 am Reply with quote
Doubleclouder wrote:
I'm more getting the impression nobody really cares about the Nintendo's lawsuit at the end of the day, at least not outside of Japan. Everyone is going about business as usual. Which is probably the best course of action to take for the team. Either way, I'm glad to see Palworld expanding more.

Ultimately, I think they almost have to do it this way. If they ceased all the plans and deals that were in the works while they dealt with the lawsuit, then it could be years of just treading water and hoping people are still interested in Palworld later. Doing that could mean that even if Pocketpair won the case, they were left with a dead IP. If nothing else, they are still going to need to have money coming in while all this plays out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1