• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ocean Group Denies Involvement in 'Dubtitles' of Dead Dead Demon's Dededede Destruction Being

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quoss

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:43 am Reply with quote
Oh, was this the problem...? I started episode one and made it like 16 minutes before dropping because the subs were so atrocious. Nice if there's a clear-cut explanation.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:43 pm Reply with quote
The way CR mishandled Dead Dead Demon's Dededestruction's streaming is a malpractice, and frankly embarassing. You can even say that they sabotaged the show due to their incompetent handling of the show's subs.
RaeRoc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
The way CR mishandled Dead Dead Demon's Dededestruction's streaming is a malpractice, and frankly embarassing. You can even say that they sabotaged the show due to their incompetent handling of the show's subs.

Maybe, but this is very much looks like the licensor provided the closed captions that they got from Ocean and then used those as translation subtitles, and at the end of the day the primary fault is with the licensor as a result. CC subs have their place, and should be better than the generated rubbish that CR puts on their service and calls it a day, but the licensor decided the CC subs were good enough. Also, as shown generally in the past, CR will generally comply with the licensors wishes when it comes to subtitles (even if they are subpar in some viewers eyes).

Nice theres been work to sort out the issues on subtitles streams after feedback.
dsfjr1190

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I was interested in the show, but I didn't even bother watching when I heard how bad the subs were.

Now that they fixed it, I might watch it one day. But I'm in no hurry.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1