• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Uzumaki

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:47 pm Reply with quote
I never read Uzumaki, but it sounds like it's more like a series of short stories following a central theme?
I was planning to wait and binge the 4 episodes since it's so short, but if there will be new stories each episode, then there isn't really a need...
harminia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
I never read Uzumaki, but it sounds like it's more like a series of short stories following a central theme?
I was planning to wait and binge the 4 episodes since it's so short, but if there will be new stories each episode, then there isn't really a need...

It's basically like an anthology for a lot of it except it's set in the same place with the same characters watching the town get overtaken by spirals. The overarching plot is basically just there's spirals everywhere.
I don't think you'd necessarily need to watch every ep prior to understand, say, ep 3 or something but it'd be a good idea so you can understand the main characters and see how the town changes from story to story.
bezchillwell23

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 1:48 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Uzumaki is structured as a series of loosely connected stories all revolving around the same town and the spirals that plague it. Each episode should feel like its own eerie tale, so watching them one by one could still be a great experience without needing to binge.
Dr. Wily

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:34 pm Reply with quote
I still haven't read Uzumaki (mainly because I wanted to see this blind) but speedrunning was my chief concern after I heard it would only be 4 episodes (especially after hearing the manga is 600 pages). Still glad to hear it's mostly still good though. So hyped for Saturday. Though I'm gonna be out of town so I hope I can actually catch it.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. Guess I won't go out of my way to hold off if I have time to watch it Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1