• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fatal Fury City of the Wolves Fighting Game Reveals Street Fighter Collaboration Characters Ke

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tintor2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:30 am Reply with quote
Terry might go like "Wait, you are Mr. Karate?"

Then again Nishiyama made both the first Art of Fighting and SF1 with Matsumoto. Still, curious about the rest of the unrevealed ingame characters if they are the ones from the posters (Kain, Joe and Andy)
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:29 am Reply with quote
Makes sense the crossover would work both ways.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:14 am Reply with quote
Well, after Terry and Mai were announced as playable characters in Street Fighter 6 plenty of people were speculating if City of the Wolves would feature Street Fighter characters, I think this is an example of an equivalent exchange between SNK and Capcom
I've seen some people wondering why Ken was chosen over Ryu, but I think it's due to the fact that Ken and Terry are always postitioned as rivals, not to mention that I feel Ryu would've been somewhat redundant seeing that Marco Rodrigues is already a shotoclone with several moves similar to Ryu's, Ken, on the other hand, has some unique moves, particularly kicks
Chun-li would obviously be Mai's rival, but now that I think about it, I think with Chun-li's inclusion we can already rule out Li Xiangfei's appearance.
I just hope that all the original Mark of the Wolves' characters manage to appear in City of the Wolves, I hope SNK can include the Kim brothers in the base roster.
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:51 am Reply with quote
Silver Kirin wrote:
I've seen some people wondering why Ken was chosen over Ryu, but I think it's due to the fact that Ken and Terry are always postitioned as rivals, not to mention that I feel Ryu would've been somewhat redundant seeing that Marco Rodrigues is already a shotoclone with several moves similar to Ryu's, Ken, on the other hand, has some unique moves, particularly kicks

They also opened the door for this in Street Fighter 6 with Terry's story.....which makes the timing of this announcement pretty crazy since he came out two days ago.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 12:19 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
They also opened the door for this in Street Fighter 6 with Terry's story.....which makes the timing of this announcement pretty crazy since he came out two days ago.

It was admitted that this announcement was made ASAP to prevent any leaks from happening, hence why Ken & Chun-Li were shown with their SF6 renders. The deal itself was probably only finalized within the past month or so, I imagine.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:36 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Makes sense the crossover would work both ways.

Well that and they probably didn’t want a repeat of TekkenXStreetFighter
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1