• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Reynatis Game Review

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolf10

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:47 am Reply with quote
So, mechanically ambitious but unevenly cooked? Yup, sounds like a FuRyu game to me. I can tolerate the Swtich chug when I don't have a say in the matter (i.e. Tears of the Kingdom), but it sounds like PS5 or PC is the way to go as far as performance, which is a shame.

Quote:
This makes exploration as Marin rather convoluted, essentially punishing him for exploring maps to their fullest (lest you get the M.E.A. sicced on you) or even speaking to NPCs (lest you build up too much Stress).
This sounds terrible, though. I get that there's only so much physical space in Shibuya so they have to limit things somehow, but still. Or maybe they're just trying to integrate things thematically by structuring the game in a way that keeps you from playing how you really want to. (Because that worked so well for FFXIII. Rolling Eyes )
b-dragon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I'll likely get this eventually. I'm an easy mark for devs like FuRyu with interesting ideas and flawed execution. But...this fall is packed, in terms of interesting releases. So I'll definitely wait for sale.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I played the demo on my Steam Deck OLED and I loved it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1