• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Netflix Animation Teases 'New Story' in Cyberpunk's Night City

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LukaTheLancer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:01 am Reply with quote
I don't know if i should be scared or happy. Edgerunners was such an amazing show and together with Devilman Crybaby a breath of fresh air. Shows that put people back to the 80's and 90's OVA days.

i would not mind seeing TRIGGER do this again, but i would love if it was another studio tellen their story in this rich world.
Wack Sage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:35 am Reply with quote
If Trigger's not involved then I'm not interested.
casenumber00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:40 am Reply with quote
I am not looking forward to it. What really made the show was the creative imagination and talent of Trigger, not so much the setting. Cyberpsychosis was a relatively minor things in the game, at least at the time of release of the anime, and Trigger expanded upon the flavor texts and made a wonderful gang/crime tragedy. From the interviews from game developers and Trigger staff, Trigger was the one who was really leading the story development in the anime. In fact, with the "the Loli Stays" story, CDP almost dropped the most popular character in the anime but Trigger saved Rebecca, there is reason to at least question their decisions concerning an anime show. That is why I am hesitant for this announcement.
power moon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:43 am Reply with quote
casenumber00 wrote:
I am not looking forward to it. What really made the show was the creative imagination and talent of Trigger, not so much the setting. Cyberpsychosis was a relatively minor things in the game, at least at the time of release of the anime, and Trigger expanded upon the flavor texts and made a wonderful gang/crime tragedy. From the interviews from game developers and Trigger staff, Trigger was the one who was really leading the story development in the anime. In fact, with the "the Loli Stays" story, CDP almost dropped the most popular character in the anime but Trigger saved Rebecca, there is reason to at least question their decisions concerning an anime show. That is why I am hesitant for this announcement.

So basically you'd only be interested if Trigger returned. Got it.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:55 am Reply with quote
casenumber00 wrote:
In fact, with the "the Loli Stays" story, CDP almost dropped the most popular character in the anime but Trigger saved Rebecca, there is reason to at least question their decisions concerning an anime show. That is why I am hesitant for this announcement.

Yeah I wonder why the company handling the video game which Edgerunners was adapted from and who had a supervisory role in the production would be involved in overseeing decisions made on the anime.

Not to mention your interpretation of the facts is a bit sensational.

https://x.com/GwentBro/status/1571159352848924672
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1