• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madoka Magica -Walpurgisnacht: Rising- Anime Film's Teaser Shows New Characters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:05 am Reply with quote
Speculation time! Spoiler warning, just in case:

spoiler[1) Fool, Venus. Venus is the goddess of love and lust in astrology (which the movie trailers heavily lean on). This is possibly calling out Homura for being so foolish in her endeavor for AI YO.
2) AkuHomu is hit with rubble, meaning probably a battle, but it isn't nighttime yet, so it's not Walpurgisnacht.
3) I also see telephone wires inside the mannequin in the room Sayaka is walking through. It appears like Homura might keep records of memories here, which could be how Sayaka gets that flash of Octavia's tail, alluding to her retrieving her memories. Homura appears to use her phone to recruit magical girls in a previous trailer, hence why I believe the room belongs to her.
4) Of course, if the concept trailer still means anything, Sayaka's new facemask sheets are not bandages to heal a wound (why would she need any, anyway? She heals really quickly!), but rather ribbons seemingly to keep her from speaking some kind of truth (the truth about Homura? A greater conspiracy? Who knows...), akin to the mask covering her mouth in the concept trailer.
5) The new girls are obviously both magical girls, with one wearing a ring and the other hanging with "kyubey.
6) Then we see someone's arm being stabbed, possibly to trap Homura's lizard familiar. They could be trying to escape Homura's control or contract she makes when she recuits them?
7) Lastly, a white feather is seen turning into a black feather. This motif was used in Rebellion to signify Homura wiping everyone's memories. When falling sakura petals and white feathers became black feathers at the end of the film, the character on screen lost their memory.]

Feel free to add anything you noticed!

Last edited by Juno016 on Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Florete

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:13 am Reply with quote
Please let this story end so I don't have to wait another 12 years.
Gilarack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 3:52 am Reply with quote
It's nice to at least get a life sign, even if the movie is not coming out this year. I hope everyone at Shaft is doing well.
Juno016

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:37 am Reply with quote
spoiler[I just realized AkuHomu has a new outfit, and her leg is wrapped by a red ribbon, at least in this shot... With Madoka's red ribbon having become such an important camera whore in all these trailers, this has to be important...
Mami's ribbons have been yellow since Rebellion, too, so I doubt they're hers. Maybe Madoka got through to her and caused the devil's downfall?]

So much to pull apart in this trailer, despite it being well under a minute long...
Southkaio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I came to a conclusion. I think the reason why the brand-new Madoka Magica movie got delayed was because of a potential competition from the upcoming Sonic 3, as well as other big Hollywood movies. What do you think?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1