• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Macross 7's Fire Bomber Band Gets 1st Standalone Concerts in 13 Years

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 5:50 pm Reply with quote
A terrible anime but what a band it created.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Karas54

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:57 pm Reply with quote
It's sad to see that some Western fans continue to hate Macross 7, but haters gonna hate, I guess. Thankfully, it's very popular and beloved in Japan, so we can expect new songs from time to time. If I recall correctly, the latest Fire Bomber album was released more than 10 years ago.

It's sweet knowing that, in canon, Basara continues singing and spreading his love for music. Let's hope the man himself makes a cameo in a new Macross series or movie someday.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:16 am Reply with quote
I think Macross 7 is a terrible Macross sequel (I can't square the level of silliness with the world of the original, and the aliens look like Sailor Moon monsters-of-the-week), but I think it's kind of awesome as its own thing. If a new Fire Bomber album comes out of this, I'll definitely snap it up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1