• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Suzuka

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brauge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Hi I am new to these forums and not sure if this has been brought up. I recently found a series named Suzuka, after watching the Funimation Anime Series, i looked up the Manga. Doing this i realized that the manga is still being released with books coming out in june/july and september. My question is this although funimation has access to Season 1, is the series continuing like it looks with more manga coming out?
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Very doubtful. Most shows that stop during manga serialization tend to leave off at a place that leaves the opening but not the necessity for more anime material and Suzuka, naturally, does just that. The mange goes beyond the anime at about volume 8 or 9 and will likely never be animated. Suzuka is now a few years old and I don't suspect that it did particularly well or poorly and isn't nearly popular enough to force another season without that having been the director's original intent. That said, if you like the series then just buy the manga like I plan to do. It's really your only realistic option since the chances of a second season are very very slim to none.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:01 pm Reply with quote
The anime's conclusion is very satisfying in my opinion it's not like there needs to be more of it. Anyhow, I enjoyed the series in fansubs, and purchased all 6 of the disks when Funi released them with the starter set too. I'm also following the manga though I didn't know it went farther than the anime does that's kind of interesting.

Last edited by Kruszer on Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brauge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm not saying that the end of the 6 discs was lacking, i apologize if that is the way it came across. Although i was thinking that it leaves the question did they both get what they want? there are still some i have unanswered but i don't want to say to much for those who have not seen any of it.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Well you'll have to read the manga.

I've read the manga to the point where it ends and I have to say that the 2nd half of the manga is more entertaining than the first and shows a spoiler[more mature side of Yamato].
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Brauge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Allright well soon after i posted here, i went looking around Funimations site considering they are broadcasting the show on their channel in march. Well after searching i came across a email for comments and such. Upon emailing them asking the same question i asked here i got a response which seems to lean neither way. So i will leave it to you guys to see it as what you want but i figured i would share. The response i got:

thank you for yout interest in The Funimation Channel. At this time we have license for season I episodes 1 – 26. I can’t say when we would be able to acquire rights for future seasons. However we will keep your request in mind as we make future programming decisions.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Brauge wrote:
Allright well soon after i posted here, i went looking around Funimations site considering they are broadcasting the show on their channel in march. Well after searching i came across a email for comments and such. Upon emailing them asking the same question i asked here i got a response which seems to lean neither way. So i will leave it to you guys to see it as what you want but i figured i would share. The response i got:

thank you for yout interest in The Funimation Channel. At this time we have license for season I episodes 1 – 26. I can’t say when we would be able to acquire rights for future seasons. However we will keep your request in mind as we make future programming decisions.
That's probably an automatic response, considering that there is no second season for Funimation to acquire rights for.
Brauge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Oh well it was worth a shot, i got a response so i figured i would share, the could have left me hanging.
Brauge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Um also this may show how much i know about manga to anime. Isn't the Anime put out by Funimation based on the manga, at the moment the Anime is only about half way through where the manga is. I apologize as i said i am not aware of the whole manga to anime process.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:46 pm Reply with quote
thats correct, as mentioned the anime covers roughly the first 8-9 volumes. there are still another 8 or so volumes left unanimated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
tsubasafan1993

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Suzuka is one of my favorite mangas up to date Arigatou if i hadn't seen this i wouldnt know they made an anime of it could someone add it to the encyclopedia I don't think that it is there.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Its listed there in the encyclopedia. However you might be disappointed in the series because of the animation quality.
tsubasafan1993

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Nevermind i see it now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1