• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece TV Anime's English Dub for Egghead Arc Debuts on August 27 on Microsoft Store, Septe

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malvarez1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:37 pm Reply with quote
We’re so close to the Japanese airings, that would’ve been unthinkable years ago.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Dang. I'm not even in the OP fandom and seeing that gap between Microsoft Store and CR releasing the eps. hurts.

I imagine a percentage of fans will make for the high seas before September 17th.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:49 pm Reply with quote
One Piece is nearly a simuldub. Clearly we live in the end times.
PC 20XX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:12 am Reply with quote
So this puts us, what, like, 14-ish episodes behind the Japanese version? Insane to think the series will no doubt be simuldubbed by the end of the year.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:37 am Reply with quote
For every single new episode that comes out, how many are dubbed?
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:25 am Reply with quote
Ep 1111 airs on Sunday. The dub´s debut is 2 months away so they will be about 20 eps behind when it drops. Another drop of this size and then a smaller drop and they could finally be day and date to Japan.

They have finally overtaken the German dub and it only took 2 decades! It is on the rooftops of Wano Castle.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Raebo101

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:44 am Reply with quote
I'm curious; did Toei push hard for the dub release to catch up to the Japanese, or was this more on Crunchyroll's end? Perhaps Toei wants the dub to eventually get to the point where One Piece is being Simuldubbed, which would be quite something.
AshleyReya1999

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
I'm curious; did Toei push hard for the dub release to catch up to the Japanese, or was this more on Crunchyroll's end? Perhaps Toei wants the dub to eventually get to the point where One Piece is being Simuldubbed, which would be quite something.

I assuming it has to be the former, Anyways, I'm happy for the dub to finally getting close to a simuldub release. Very Happy
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Almost surreal to see the One Piece dub actually catch up.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:

in Latin America,Toei started dubbing One Piece in Spanish and Portuguese around 2019(for the second time,to erase the failed 4Kids version. Yes,they took THAT long to try again in the region) and as of now it's already past 600 or so episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1